Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is anyone repairing these?

San2C

Reaction score
I have a pretty pristine Anafi that has developed "vertical camera error" (rendering it unflyable) and Parrot will not help me nor will they provide assistance to a drone repair outfit I've used in the past.

Thanks for any help.

• Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
I have a pretty pristine Anafi that has developed "vertical camera error" (rendering it unflyable) and Parrot will not help me nor will they provide assistance to a drone repair outfit I've used in the past.

Thanks for any help.
Let the drone lose all power by doing this battery must be connected do not try to fly let it connect to the controller then turn controller off just leave the drone on indoors for 14 days do not touch it power should be empty by then use slowly repower drone make sure no internet connection do all calibrations if its all working when connected to controller which must not be connected to internet in any way then allow internet connection and software will reinstall if it works before reinstall and then not after its software what i have described is a true factory reset i have done this plenty of times with computers and a drone i had recently what i found with the drone was that the software made the camera malfunction

Thanks for any help.
The vertical camera error e.g. after a crash is not a software problem.
Search in this forum for "vertical".
E.g.: Vertical camera problem
... and other threads.

Except that my Anafi developed this error while sitting in its case unused over many months.

"Either?" You're saying that somehow there's a loose solder connection that just occurred without any shock or physical damage to the drone?
Sorry I'm not natural English speaking, I ment "anyway".
Yes, I think there might be a connector problem. If you had no crash, this connector could have become loose due to vibration on normal flights over months. Somebody fixed it with silicone after reconnecting.

That makes sense because the only Anafi I had this issue with were refurbished. Looks like I have a project for the weekend, thanks again.

Thanks for any help.
There are a lot of problems with this vertical camera connector. A lot of drones weren't even damaged after the collision, but that bug came up. Parrot did not design this connector well and became very weak, both electrically and mechanically.
It can also be destroyed by oxidation degrading the conductivity of the connector when stored aside.
If you have this error, please disassemble it based on the videos on youtube and unplug and reconnect it. It can also be treated with contact lubricant.

That's interesting because based on their refusal to not help me and refusal to help a repair company I contacted, it means to me that they're aware of that shortcoming and don't want to admit to it or provide a replacement part they already know will possibly fail.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh