Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is Skycontroller 2 compatible with Bebop 1?

jalapenyo

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just bought a Bebop 1 Red and want to buy a Skycontroller. The Bebop 1 box shows the Skycontroller 1 as an accessory, but now a days I only see those sold used, there are fewer, more bulky, and mor expensive when compared to a Skycontroller 2.

I was wondering if I could use my Bebop 1 drone with the Skycontroller 2?

Thanks!

I'm sure that the sky controller will work!
The sky controller 1 is massive.
Cell phone is a great alternative.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Should work fine, lots of folks upgraded from SC1 to SC2.

Connection from phone to controller changed from wifi to USB with SC2, so the be operating manual if you have one may mention pairing to the controller with wifi; don’t do that with SC2.

First turn off your phone’s wifi, then turn on the drone, then turn on the SC2 controller and let it pair, then connect your phone with USB to the controller.

thanks folks, I'll see how I could get to test them together.

I contacted Parrot support and they mention the following, although after reading your comments I have my doubts on what they're saying.

Kindly note that Parrot Bebop 1 uses Skycontroller 1 and Bebop 2 and Disco is flown using Skycontroller 2, Unfortinality, you can't use the Bebop 1 with Skycontroller 2

I keep this thread updated if I get my hands on a Skycontroller 2.

Thanks again!

What about, Can I use Skycontroller 1 with bebop 2?
yes…but skycontroller 1 uses different battery than bebob 2(blue,yellow and red skycontrollers 1) so you will need different batterycharger….if you get “black edition” skycontoller 1 bebop 2 battery and charger will work with black skycontroller 1

Skycontroller 2 will definitely work with the Bebop 1. I bought a used one off ebay just because I tried it one day while flying my Bebop 2 and it worked. Just make sure to bind your drone to the controller first using the FreeFlight Pro app. I like Skycontroller 2 much better than using a cell phone (which sucks) or the bulky Skycontroller 1. The Skycontroller 2 has much better range and easier to control the drone with than a cell phone. There are two different types of Skycontroller 2, one with a white band around the front part of the controller where the antenna is and one with black around the antenna area. Get the black band one, stay away from the white banded one. Because the batteries for the white band controller are almost impossible to get now and need to be calibrated to the controller before the controller will work, big pain in the ***. The all black Skycontroller 2 is your best bet and will work nicely with your Bebop 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking