Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is there a way to reapply a firmware update?

BryceSteiner

Reaction score
I returned my last Anafi Thermal because it couldn't write without getting errors.
Just got another Anafi Thermal. I suspect a firmware didn't go quite right as I'm getting an error that I believe is affecting the drone's wifi. I can now fly once. I reopen the app and it gives me an error that something went wrong and I must contact support.

I can delete the app and reinstall on iOS and then I can fly again just fine until the next time I turn the drone off then on, or I restart the app. This happens using the controller or the device. I've also tried an iPad and iPhone. Both will work once.

How can I reinstall the firmware? I've tried resetting the drone and the remote but it does not reset to the original firmware.

Parrot Support says sorry they can't help me and I should contact my dealer. Out of curiosity, is Amazon not a dealer?

I returned my last Anafi Thermal because it couldn't write without getting errors.
Just got another Anafi Thermal. I suspect a firmware didn't go quite right as I'm getting an error that I believe is affecting the drone's wifi. I can now fly once. I reopen the app and it gives me an error that something went wrong and I must contact support.

I can delete the app and reinstall on iOS and then I can fly again just fine until the next time I turn the drone off then on, or I restart the app. This happens using the controller or the device. I've also tried an iPad and iPhone. Both will work once.

How can I reinstall the firmware? I've tried resetting the drone and the remote but it does not reset to the original firmware.

Parrot Support says sorry they can't help me and I should contact my dealer. Out of curiosity, is Amazon not a dealer?

New to all this so I'm sure someone can give a better answer but I'd still like to try... I believe you can do a factory reset on the drone by holding the power button down for 12 seconds.. This should theoretically put the drone back to the factory state with no updates.

New to all this so I'm sure someone can give a better answer but I'd still like to try... I believe you can do a factory reset on the drone by holding the power button down for 12 seconds.. This should theoretically put the drone back to the factory state with no updates.
I have held the power button down for 8 seconds and it "resets" the drone. The battery lights turn red and then goes through a restart. The drone still has the newest firmware unfortunately.

Parrot's support of their products is non existent. I like their anafi thermal but a company that won't support $2000 drones is worthless. Just responding would be worth something, but they in the last 3 weeks they have not responded to once to my requests.

I have held the power button down for 8 seconds and it "resets" the drone. The battery lights turn red and then goes through a restart. The drone still has the newest firmware unfortunately.

Parrot's support of their products is non existent. I like their anafi thermal but a company that won't support $2000 drones is worthless. Just responding would be worth something, but they in the last 3 weeks they have not responded to once to my requests.

Ah ****, sorry that didn't work. I'd be looking for a much more reliable drone manufacturer if i were you, probably more so a commercial drone company because parrot seem to have a really bad reputation there. Especially if you drop 2k on a product! Good luck!

To be fair to Parrot, whenever I have had a query they have responded to the email within a couple of days..... I am UK based, not that should make a difference, they have been very helpful.

With regards to "Other drone manufacturers" ..... I have DJI products, and their support really is pants, on their own forum there are a few helpful mod's but in general I have found them to be no better or worse than all the others really, I think its just the nature of "Drones"...... Good products, but once you part with your money, they shrug their shoulders when they hear the cries for help/

I called Parrot today. They had both of my case numbers on file but they just never responded. He had no answer why.
I started another case with a live person this time and sent him what he asked for. We'll see where this goes.
I have sent in numerous drones for support to DJI. They have an online ticket system that provides you immediately with a UPS label or you can chat online. It works very well and never had an issue.

What exactly is the error message?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut