Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Is there similar Parrot Flight Plan for DJI Mavic Air 2 ?

laotzu

Reaction score
The new Mavic Air 2 looks better than Anafi in many aspects. Range and transmission is one of them.

Anyone familiar with DJI know if it has the Flight Plan like the Anafi ?

The new Mavic Air 2 looks better than Anafi in many aspects. Range and transmission is one of them.

Anyone familiar with DJI know if it has the Flight Plan like the Anafi ?
No, there are no flight plan capabilities like the Anafi available for dji drones that run the dji Fly platform.
In fact, the newer dji drones (Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2) have a different SDK (not open) than the previous ones (Mavic 2, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air etc) that is incompatible with all third party applications that provide waypoints (Litchi, Drone Harmony, Pix4D), so the situation - regarding flight planning - is even worse on them.

No dji can even touch the Anafi FlightPlanning capabilities and I say that as I currently have - besides the Anafi - Mavic 2 Zoom, Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Air (using them with Litchi and Drone Harmony).

Last edited:
Reactions: Skyfli and laotzu
No, there are no flight plan capabilities like the Anafi available for dji drones that run the dji Fly platform.
In fact, the newer dji drones (Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2) have a different SDK (not open) than the previous ones (Mavic 2, Mavic Pro, Mavic Air etc) that is incompatible with all third party applications that provide waypoints (Litchi, Drone Harmony, Pix4D), so the situation - regarding flight planning - is even worse on them.

No dji can even touch the Anafi FlightPlanning capabilities and I say that as I currently have - besides the Anafi - Mavic 2 Zoom, Phantom 4 Pro and Mavic Air (using them with Litchi and Drone Harmony).

Yes, but DJI have stated that the SDK for the MMini is on its way (planned for the end of April but now delayed 2 months) so there is still hope Litchi can do something with it...

Yes, but DJI have stated that the SDK for the MMini is on its way (planned for the end of April but now delayed 2 months) so there is still hope Litchi can do something with it...
One can only judge on what is available and not on what it should be available. Even though, Parrot's FlightPlan is much more sophisticated than the current third-party dji offerings (except Pix4D which is also available for the Anafi).
I am also on the dji developers list (since 2015) and I can tell you that such SDK for the newer platforms does not exist and the whole dji SDK situation is like the classic "will be ready in two weeks/months" routine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow