Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Just bought an Anafi but it does not turn off.

joel_joel

Reaction score
What I did.
1. Charged all battery and remote to full 100%.
2. Installed Freefight 6 on my Essential phone.
3. Plugged my phone to remote controller.
4. Turned on Anafi with one click on power button.
5. Updated everything, apps, drone, remote through the app.
6. Turn off Anafi with one click on power button.
7.Changed SD card from factory pre-installed one to a new SD card.
8. Turn on Anafi with one click on power button.
10. Problem started, Anafi would not turn off no matter how many clicks on power button or long click.

I tried to one click on the drone, hope it would turn off. But only green light flashes on power lights for a couple seconds, then power lights are off. But the drone is still on, so does the blue light under the drone. Fans spinning can be heard.

I tried to long press power button until red light shown then stop pressing. The drone is still on.

What should I do now? Can I just remove the battery by force and hopefully I can restart it this way and everyone will be fine? WIll this action damage the drone or kill my warranty?

I suspect this has something to do with me not formatting my new sd card.
Please help, thanks!

Updated. I forcefully removed the battery and turn it on again. Everything works.

Last edited:
Reactions: vekthor and dmbrody
What I did.
10. Problem started, Anafi would not turn off no matter how many clicks on power button or long click.

I tried to one click on the drone, hope it would turn off. But only green light flashes on power lights for a couple seconds, then power lights are off. But the drone is still on, so does the blue light under the drone. Fans spinning can be heard.

I tried to long press power button until red light shown then stop pressing. The drone is still on.

What should I do now? Can I just remove the battery by force and hopefully I can restart it this way and everyone will be fine? WIll this action damage the drone or kill my warranty?

Please help, thanks!

Updated. I forcefully removed the battery and turn it on again. Everything works.
Good to hear it’s turning off, yes mine Anafi has done this before and disconnecting/reconnecting battery solved the issue.

?

Reactions: dmbrody
Can you check contacts between the battery and the Anafi ?
If I remember right, some have bended contacts and 2 pins were touching inducing a contact that make turning off impossible.
Pictures in a dedicated thread in this forum...

What I did.

Please help, thanks!

Hi there,

Mine did exactly the same thing (every time, every flight) with the new battery I bought after the Anafi and the two first batteries.
After one of the latest firmware updates (can´t quite remember which one) it stopped "misbehaving".
Coincidence or not, it ever happened again to my experience.

At the time I just assumed that with the FW update, to the Anafi and the battery itself, the problem was
solved.

Cheers, safe flights.

I received my new Anafi on Monday and had this twice in one day (yesterday). Once when I started it up and it only partially started (fan and light came on, but gimbal did not initialise) and it behaved exactly as you describe - would not respond until I unplugged and plugged in the battery again. During one cycle of trying to get it to work, and rather worringly, the initialisation did work and the FPV connection came through on the phone. Then suddenly this weird shut down into a semi-powered state happened and it disconnected. This particularly concerned me because this could be a risk during flight.

It happened again when I tried it at home, but this time it initialised fine, only to display a 'vertical camera error' message and the FPV feed disappeared and went black. I pressed the power off button and it went into this semi-powered state again. Had to pull the battery.

I've no idea what causes it, but with a 24 hour old product I'm not going to mess around with troubleshooting. This was my 2nd Anafi with a fault upon receipt, so it's on its way back. Great drone when it works, but my experience has been poor in terms of reliability.

What I did.

Please help, thanks!

happens to me often too. I just pull the battery and no issues at all

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut