Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lens distortion in JPG / refuses to create DNG

Crumplecorn

Reaction score
Weird issue has arisen with my Anafi. Film mode is totally normal. However photo mode, regardless of whether I select JPG Rect/JPG Wide/DNG+JPG Rect/DNG+JPG Wide, the following happens:
- Shows lens distortion in live view in app
- Produces only Rect JPGs
- JPGs have lens distortion
- No DNG is produced

Changing the format setting has no impact on the display or outputted file. It's running 1.5.4, no recent updates, was working fine until today. Tried resetting the drone, connecting over wifi instead of controller, using a different smartphone, lots of mode changing and photo/film taking to try to prompt it to fix itself. Didn't help.

Anyone seen this before?

No. It seems like you have a faulty one. I suggest you contact Parrot and see if they have any extra suggestions. I suppose the only other thing you could do is upgrade or downgrade the software and firmware. This is not something I have experienced with either of my Anafis or come across anybody else complaining about.

No. It seems like you have a faulty one. I suggest you contact Parrot and see if they have any extra suggestions. I suppose the only other thing you could do is upgrade or downgrade the software and firmware. This is not something I have experienced with either of my Anafis or come across anybody else complaining about.
I understand how to downgrade the software (app) but is it possible to downgrade/revert to a previous firmware?

I don't know, I have never tried, but then I haven't had an issue as severe and annoying as this one to motivate me to try.
I just want to go back from last weeks firmware because it messed up my Anafi. I have contacted parrot and submitted flight records and still waiting on a response from the "next in line" at Parrot tech for suggestions

I have a ticket in with Parrot, I'll see what they say before I try futzing with the firmware, if it's even possible. :cry:

For the record, Parrot (finally) told me today to just return it to amazon. I've since seen someone else on the forum with the same issue in an older thread, I guess it is a rare but not unique issue, with no easy fix.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh