Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Looks like the last Bebops produced are a parts bin special

Shawn

Reaction score
I got a faulty Bebop2 from eBay a few weeks ago. Have you seen the YT video of the guy who gets one and it has the new BLUE light when it starts up? Thinks it is the power version. Well that was me too.
BUT I think they have put newer stickers on older parts. The battery and the charger state that they are 11.4v not 11.1V. The blue light is nothing but that. The controller is all black with just the one 18650 cell in it disguised as proprietary. It has the all black goggles as well.
I think I will crack the battery open and see what is on the cells.🤔

I can only make out from the cell numbers that the first line is its dimensions.
FBC864182
8.6mmX41mmX82mm
I would have thought that if it was an LIHV pack it would say so. They would want you to know it was a different chemistry.🤔

Attachments

• bebopbat2.jpeg
    bebopbat2.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 9
  • bebopbat.jpeg
    bebopbat.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 9
Blue light indicates you have a bebop 2 power
But my 11.4v battery is only an 11.1v one when I test it. I think they ran out of old stickers so stuck the newer ones on the standard kit. Same with the blue led.

My voltages straight after the charger turns green are:
4.15v/4.19v/4.15v=12.49v

And here is the charger, also with an 11.4v sticker.

Attachments

• bebopcharger.jpeg
    bebopcharger.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 8
It looks like you have a BEBOP 2 Power, SK2P controller with the HD battery but the charger isn't a HD Charger. The 3350mAh Bebop 2 Power battery is also LiPo. The cells in the battery you pictured are correct.

It looks like you have a BEBOP 2 Power, SK2P controller with the HD battery but the charger isn't a HD Charger. The 3350mAh Bebop 2 Power battery is also LiPo. The cells in the battery you pictured are correct.
I was under the impression that the extra voltage is achieved with LIHV chemistry? The charger is marked as going to 13.05v but would seem to be standard.

I was under the impression that the extra voltage is achieved with LIHV chemistry? The charger is marked as going to 13.05v but would seem to be standard.
4.35v vs 4.2v, the charges are 13v yes. The LIHV will charge to 13v where the LiPo will charge to 12.6 give or take, the BMS will do its thing.

If you are really interested in LIHV, than you can look for the LIHV version of the BB2P battery and sell your current LiPo one.

4.35v vs 4.2v, the charges are 13v yes. The LIHV will charge to 13v where the LiPo will charge to 12.6 give or take, the BMS will do its thing.

If you are really interested in LIHV, than you can look for the LIHV version of the BB2P battery and sell your current LiPo one.
But do I sell it as it is labelled as the "POWER" version?🤔

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar