Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Losing connection after flying 30 meters? (Smartphone)

Aspect

Reaction score
Hello,
Recently I noticed my Bebop 2 started to lose connection really easy... I'm using smartphone and some days ago I was able to reach even 250 meters without losing connection IN THE SAME AREA. No other networks. I live in Poland and the app does not allow me to set 5GHz network while "Outdoor" mode is on... It does not really matter though as even If I turn off the "Outdoor" mode and set the network to 5GHz I still lose connection after 30 meters. Please help me I tried multiple devices and always the same problem - losing connection after 30 meters. Also I tried reinstalling the app and factory resetting the drone but it did not help at all.
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING - I'M FLYING THE DRONE IN THE CLEAR AREA WITH ALMOST NO OTHER NETWORKS.

P.S. Setting my country/location to United States makes the network unseen to my device (no matter It's 2.4GHz or 5GHz). And yes my phone supports 5GHz connections.
Please help I'm extremely clueless what to do.

only thing I can suggest is check your max distance setting and make sure geofence is turned off.

5Ghz will not help 2.4GHz is best choice for distance however, that is freq that is very crowded. Run a WIFi analyzer from Play Store and see how crowded your area is. I live 200 yards from a 300 ft tall Xfinity COmcast AT&T shared tower there must be 100 antenas on the mast. I bought a HackRF module to scan what is going on and there is a lot of 2.4Ghz region activity from the mast I have to stay away from it not sure what is happening since it is FCC controlled I cannot change it so I stay away. I had two fly aways in two years that headed toward tower never found the one Phantom 2 it just headed toward tower and kept climbing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut