Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lost Anafi - any option to retrieve it?

yves

Reaction score
Chaps
I just lost my Anafi - it losts the signal (at around 100m) and ran like a crasy far away. I got the video up to a crash and stop the connection.
I thought to be able to retrieve its last position but the system gives me the last position of "home". Useless!! :(
Any TIPs before the power goes off definitely?
Thank you in advance
Yves

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Not sure why it would be giving you last know location as home. Are you sure you are looking in the right spot? Open the App and click and top right you will see a drone Icon. Tap on that and it opens a google map of last know position. You can even tap on the map and it will open google maps for a larger view.
Hope this helps.
More then likely the battery has falling off from the crash but if you get close to where you think it crashed you could try to click on the Bell Icon in the map top right hand corner. This will make the Anafi start peeping but only if the battery is still attached.
Good luck.

Thank you for the fast response.

This is exactly what I did, tap on drone icon and the map (not sure if google map though) that mentioned the last known position. However following the given position on the map, that was finally the one where I was standing when the drone took off (home).

I m not sure what you mean by the bell icon on the map, unfortunately not noticed this icon.
Now it s too late anyhow. The batterie should be now empty. The Anofi is definitely lost :(

Btw is that something known that we can lose control of this drone ? I mean I was not touching any command but the drone left like a crazy far away until it disappears from eyes.

Thanks

No it is not something that should have happened but it does happen.
Where you up to date on the firmware? Did you have good GPS signal on the Anafi and your phone or tablet? From your description of what happened I am thinking you had a poor GPS signal and when your Anafi lost connection it was trying to go home but the home point could have been just about anywhere. This would be known a s a fly a way in my opinion.
I would let parrot know what happened and you just might get lucky and they will replace it. I know they have done it in the past but it all depends on who you get looking into your case.

Thanks,

That was on the top of a hill
Usually gps on both gears are good but honestly in panic mode I didn't look at the GPS signal

I will ping Parrot support to explain what happened

Cheers, yves

maybe try checking to see if it shows a GPS flight path on your mobile device in FF6 app listed under My flights

Highly unlikely as the fight has to be finished with a connection or else it does not get recorded. If the battery got tossed out on the crash there will be no fight log for that flight.

Actually it s empty
Although I could see the live video on my mobile up to the crash, there is no record this time.

Thank you folks for your thoughts anyhow. Very much appreciate the reactivity.

Cheers, yves

No problem
Hope you get some where with Parrot. I have experience with a fly a way with my first Anafi that spent a winter up in a tree. The map showed last known location but was off by 30-40 feet which made it hard to find till spring time. My fight record never populated till I recovered the Anafi and fired it back up which then completed the log file.

20190322_141413.jpg

Will not help you now but is a good advice : just record your phone screen whatever you are doing with your bird. Could come handy later.
091c9f0c1ca76153fd0c8f3523abdb64.jpg

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DanLins and d95gas
Good day folks,

Just a thought after my sad experience from yesterday - to be honest, I had a bad night, upset to have stupidly lost this super drone, and thinking about what I could have done to avoid such a situation.
Maybe this has been elaborated in other threads, but I'm thinking about stitching a mini-light GPS tracker on top of the drome itself, making a second alternative to find the drone in case the original signal stops responding. I checked and found several mini trackers (some less mini). But my concern is the precision (when specified) of what they call GPS localisation, goes from ~5 meters precision for the heaviest one ~200 gr (useless) up to 200-300 meters for the lighter ~30gr (useless).
Any thoughts, any experience, recommendations will be much appreciated

Thank you in advance, yves

Will not help you now but is a good advice : just record your phone screen whatever you are doing with your bird. Could come handy later.
091c9f0c1ca76153fd0c8f3523abdb64.jpg

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk
I was screen recording last August with my 1st Anafi when it went down. After submitting a claim with Parrot, along with the final 15 seconds of flight they replaced it promptly.

Dan

Thank you for the note
I didn't recorded the screen
I opened a case several days ago to Parrot support but don't have yet any answer. Cheers
Yves

I am a little confused by the OP situation.

If you are getting any sort of stream back from the Anafi (data or video), the GPS data is embedded in that, so it is always updated with where the Anafi actually is.

This all sounds like you did not have a GPS position or lock on the Anafi, hence why its last position does not change reflect where it is.

Same concern from my side. I confirm I got the live video back to the smartphone until the crash, then the video screen switch to dark grey and the fly controller showed the drone disconnected. That confirms that up to the crash the wifi was established.
However, although the GPS reception on both devices (smartphone and controller) was green just before the take off, I can't say if both were green before the crash. I was focusing on the drone flying in the opposite direction like a crazy gear and didn't check the GPS status.
Finally no data has been recorded for the last fly
Thank you, yves

Sadly the no data is a bug/feature of the Anafi - as data for the previous flight is only downloaded when the drone NEXT connects to freeflight6.

So you get data for the previous flight, but not the current flight - typical stupid Parrot way of doing things.

It cannot be that hard to just build a JSON or xml file during the flight locally or even just dumping the raw controller data in to a file on the phone while freeflight6 is running, so at least you have something that can be used to analyse the flight!!!

I was focusing on the drone flying in the opposite direction like a crazy gear and didn't check the GPS status.

I am starting to think that the last couple of firmwares have some kind of bug in them affecting GPS. I will not use follow me mode anymore as I do not trust it at all. I have had two uncontrollable follow me fights. One ended in a tree and the second I was able to cancel the follow me mode. I think all of this recent GPS problems is related to just bad firmware.

Good to know, thank you for sharing. The behavior is quite similar to what happened to me, except that I was not using the Follow me. The other key difference is that my Anafi flew far before hitting a tree, too far to find it.

I got the answer from Parrot support saying that because they can't get the data for the last flight, they can't proceed with the warranty.

As a result, my question is , I have the sky controller, still working fine I guess, and 2 remaining extra batteries, thus, where/how can I buy just the drone? I dont need the whole package with the controller. As far as I can see all Anafi (new) drones come with the Skycontroller.

Thank you in advance, yves

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut