Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lost Bebop 2

REESO

Reaction score
Hi all. My Bebop 2 did not return from a flightplan. I usually lose signal fairly close from take off point but the drone always continues the course and returns, but not this time. On the flight path it shows where the drone is (in a garden the next street down from my house (take off point). I have been to the garden but cannot find it anywhere. There are thick shrubs there. I can pick up the drones wifi signal but the signal was too weak to connect. So heres my questions:

can I connect to drone via wifi if the battery is dead?

If I can connect with a dead battery, can I make it beep to help find it?

could the GPS position just be where the drone lost connection and thats where it froze on the screen but the the drone carried on course and is lost elsewhere.
Or
Is it in that area as I Am picking up its wifi signal?37627F0A-1193-4DCF-8112-90AA7BFFC4B2.png

any help would be great thanks.

Ive never used the flight plan, but had to go search for the drone when its gone down.
Your device is only going to show the last known position of the drone before it lost connection.

I don't know how long the battery will last once the drone is down. On my last crash, the battery was down to 1% (why it crash landed) and it took me about 20 minutes to find it. It was still sending a wifi signal and beeping. Since the motors are shut down whatever remaining battery life it has will last awhile, but how long is a guess. I would try to trace the flight plan and go searching.

Mike

Ive never used the flight plan, but had to go search for the drone when its gone down.
Your device is only going to show the last known position of the drone before it lost connection.

I don't know how long the battery will last once the drone is down. On my last crash, the battery was down to 1% (why it crash landed) and it took me about 20 minutes to find it. It was still sending a wifi signal and beeping. Since the motors are shut down whatever remaining battery life it has will last awhile, but how long is a guess. I would try to trace the flight plan and go searching.
Thanks for the reply. It has been over 12 hours now since I lost it so there will be no charge left. I searched in the drones gps position when it didnt return and had a weak wifi signal but it wouldnt connect. I returned to the same position today to look but no joy and no wifi signal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood