Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lost Parrot Anafi at sea, can I claim from my insurance plan?

Reaction score
Hello to all Pilots,
Let me begin to say that while flying over the beachy head, East Sussex, yesterday, Drone battery suddenly went to 15% and drone it entered the emergency mode landing, (with not responds) now instead of landing where it started, ... it landed 10-15 meters away from the take off location and sadly that landing location it was at the bottom 300m ish of the ''cliff edge'' where I could not retrieve it as the sea tides was coming later that afternoon and not time to call for a boat etc.

Landing location: Google Maps
So, today I called and paid for a private boat to go and try to retrieve it but no luck, must have been washed last night.

I bought the drone from Curry / Pc World / and I do have a insurance of 3 years plan but the terms and condition are a bit gray not to clear.

My question is, will I be able to get a new drone without any body parts? as I said the drone is lost at the sea, and I only have ''spare batteries'' '' spare propellers'' and ''sky controller 3'' and boxed etc but not the body of Parrot Anafi. My last flight history is not recorded in my flight history ether, I only have the last knowing location of the drone, thats all.

Can you advice please what are my chances here to get a new drone or I'm I lost in the sea as the drone is?

Thank you

We cannot see the actual policy so you need to carefully read the terms and conditions.
You will then be in a position to make a claim and see what they say. If they refuse your claim then get them to put in writing under what clause they have refused to replace the Anafi. If you disagree then you can take it to the insurance ombudsman or the small claims court whichever is applicable.

Reactions: Knight_Templars
We cannot see the actual policy so you need to carefully read the terms and conditions.
You will then be in a position to make a claim and see what they say. If they refuse your claim then get them to put in writing under what clause they have refused to replace the Anafi. If you disagree then you can take it to the insurance ombudsman or the small claims court whichever is applicable.
Thanks for your reply. I do remember asking the sells guy if drone get lost in the sea what happen then, he said you must bring back the dead body of the drone otherwise i might not be covered? Now, I found myself it happen for real.

Terms and condition are here link below but does not say much, what do you think?

Product protection
For more peace of mind, add a Repair & Support Plan – if this purchase suffers a fault or mishap, all costs to put it right are on us. Your benefits include:
  • Unlimited fast, hassle-free repairs
  • We'll fix in 7 days from collecting or receiving the item for repair, or replace with new
  • Annual service and deep clean (major kitchen appliances only)
  • If it breaks while you’re abroad, we’ll fix when you get back (portable items only)
  • Annual performance check (computers only)
  • 24/7 technical support (cameras, TV equipment, tablets, monitors, scanners, audio and telephones only)

See more on our Repair & Support Plans.
Important information and exclusions
Compare prices of extended warranties for electrical goods at www.compareextendedwarranties.co.uk.

Last edited:
I think that the first thing you must do is contact them, explain what has happened, and see what they say. The sooner you contact them the better. I could not see anything in the information and exclusions that states that drones are covered and nothing about whether lose is covered.

Reactions: Knight_Templars
I think that the first thing you must do is contact them, explain what has happened, and see what they say. The sooner you contact them the better. I could not see anything in the information and exclusions that states that drones are covered and nothing about whether lose is covered.
Thanks for your input, will try to contact them tomorrow and hopefully with some good results.

Not great news from teamknowhow, but I guess I knew it, as the 3 years plan protection is a grey area and does not seem to cover drones that disappear like mine.

At this point the are only offer...a pro-rata refund as a gesture of goodwill, whatever that means!

Do I have any chance to pursue it any further with ombudsman for example?

It's will be difficult....
without the part which should have had a problem....
How you can argument?

Yes it is indeed unfortunate case. It is one of those cases that you don't have much ground to stand unless it was stated in their protection plan, but it does not mention anywhere fly way drones are covered.

At this point will accept pro-rata refund, but need to look for a insurance company now that covers ''fly way drones''. Does anyone recommend a good company that does that here in UK?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator