Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Maybe the ultimate tablet ?

d95gas

Reaction score
Just been looking at the specs and now trying to find best prices on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro"

4k recording, awesome screen, full rugged mil spec.... and best of all BAROMETER.

So far cheapest I can find in UK is £650, "Syman" managed to nab one at under $500 so awesome deal.

Waiting for his review of what its like in direct sunlight, but guessing as its Mil Spec, it should be pretty good. Definitely worth a look for the Anafi and MP

I think that has Snapdragon 710 and that is OK. My only objection is that it is 10.1"., I think is better the 8.0" .

I think that has Snapdragon 710 and that is OK. My only objection is that it is 10.1"., I think is better the 8.0" .
Just been looking at the specs and now trying to find best prices on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro"

4k recording, awesome screen, full rugged mil spec.... and best of all BAROMETER.

So far cheapest I can find in UK is £650, "Syman" managed to nab one at under $500 so awesome deal.

Waiting for his review of what its like in direct sunlight, but guessing as its Mil Spec, it should be pretty good. Definitely worth a look for the Anafi and MP
Brightness is a very important factor as you use it outdoors, usually in sunny weather.
Neither the barometer nor the LTE connection is important when flight is the point. The mobile connection can even be annoying, it's worth turning it off, so it can be cheaper if it's not built in ...

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670 processor

But I agree about the 10.1" My Huawei M5 8.4" (I think) with 2K screen is great..... But no barometer

Brightness is a very important factor as you use it outdoors, usually in sunny weather.
Neither the barometer nor the LTE connection is important when flight is the point. The mobile connection can even be annoying, it's worth turning it off, so it can be cheaper if it's not built in ...

Yes hence why I am eager for Syman to test his and report when he gets it. If its on par with something like the DJI screen, then it will be awesome

I doubt that that big of a tablet would have a screen brightness higher than a Galaxy S9. The battery would have to be huge to achieve that. My S9+ has a brightness of 630 nits and I have to use a shade to see FF6 in direct sunlight. I can see it if I turn the screen to face away from the sun. The Galaxy S10+ has a rating of 1200 nits...now THAT would be viewable in direct sun, but I was too cheap to fork over $900.

I just checked: the Galaxy Tab Active Pro has a nits rating of only 550, definitely not readable in direct sun.

I doubt that that big of a tablet would have a screen brightness higher than a Galaxy S9. The battery would have to be huge to achieve that. My S9+ has a brightness of 630 nits and I have to use a shade to see FF6 in direct sunlight. I can see it if I turn the screen to face away from the sun.

Per Display Mate your S9 in Auto & full brightness is 1130 nits. Part of the problem is the highly reflective Gorilla glass & the sun needs to be shining on the screen/sensor. Sometimes it is slow to react.

That's the page I looked at before buying last summer, I should have gone there to refresh my memory! I had high hopes that the S9+ would be readable in direct sunlight, but viewing the FF6 display, which is mostly dark, it is not. Looking at the message page, which is mostly white, it is quite readable in direct sun. So the S9+ max is 1130 nits and the S10+ max is 1215 nits. That isn't much of a difference, although it might be noticeable. I don't think the tablet has the adaptive brightness feature, so I doubt if it would be readable. A real world report would be enlightening. :giggle:

I will remember about letting the screen see the direct sun next time I'm out, but I think I did that last summer before determining that it wouldn't show FF6 quite bright enough. I use a black cloth like the old time photographer's hood and it works great.....unless I try walking. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar