Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Messing with PASTEL mode

justDee

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ok, I'll be honest here, I was reading the manual earlier, trying to see what the Anafi had under the hood and came across the PASTEL mode. I thought I'd shoot a short video and see what I could muck up.
Guys, I am clueless on this setting. It's cloudy out, no sun, and I figured I'd try the ISO from one end of the scale to the other. Take a look and then tell me what it's really for and how to use it correctly.
;)

Hmm. Doesn't look too great to me. I think that mode is for really bright high contrast subjects that you want to tone down a bit. Your lighting was already low contrast, so it came out rather flat. I haven't tried it yet, though, just from reading.

I am not sure exactly what it is well suited for but I am fairly confident that wasn't it. Over the last couple of days that I have been flying reality has been a little over saturated. I did consider changing my settings to make things look a little less vivid because nature was looking almost unnaturally vibrant! But that would be wrong, the flowers simply are bright and the newly opened leaves on the trees are so bright green they almost look fluorescent, not just through a camera lens.

OK, According to the manual, PASTEL mode "reduces the saturation and brings out the warmest tones" I just think it looks like poo. I don't understand how it is any value but, as in everything, it might have a look somebody would want? Keep on experimenting... it is the only way to learn
I must say I am glad to see that you are messing with all the settings and trying to get a "feel" for the operation of the settings and what kind of "look" you are liking.

I’ll try again on a bright sunny day. But we’ve had so much rain, it’s all green here in my area. I’ll keep testing all the features.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut