Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Minor Camera Calibration

SkySpy

Reaction score
Greetings Pilots,, I recently noticed my horizon has a very slight tilt to the right. No crashes, but a hard landing once. As I corrected the image in Photoshop I noticed the angle was only about 0.4 degrees off. That's not much, but it is visible and requires correction. My question: Is this slight adjustment within the tolerances to be expected, or will the calibration correct it?

Calibration should correct it. If I remember correctly you can adjust the tilt in 0.1 degree increments. Just make sure that you set up the Anafi level and at 90 degrees to the wall. I used an A3 cutting board as my target which I leveled and stuck to a door with tape. I then used an A4 cutting board to stand the Anafi on using the lines on the board to ensure that it was at right angles to the door.

Calibration should correct it. If I remember correctly you can adjust the tilt in 0.1 degree increments. Just make sure that you set up the Anafi level and at 90 degrees to the wall. I used an A3 cutting board as my target which I leveled and stuck to a door with tape. I then used an A4 cutting board to stand the Anafi on using the lines on the board to ensure that it was at right angles to the door.
Great advice! Thank you. Question, how did you come to use "Liger" as your forum name? A friend of mine use to photograph what I believe was the original Liger for the breeder that first produced the Liger.

Question, how did you come to use "Liger" as your forum name? A friend of mine use to photograph what I believe was the original Liger for the breeder that first produced the Liger.
Interesting history, according to Wikipedia In 1825, G B Whittaker made an engraving of liger cubs born in 1824.

I just like big cats especially Tigers.

Interesting history, according to Wikipedia In 1825, G B Whittaker made an engraving of liger cubs born in 1824.

I just like big cats especially Tigers.
Oh! I stand corrected. My friend is no longer alive and our discussion was many years ago. Perhaps I misunderstood.

Great advice! Thank you. Question, how did you come to use "Liger" as your forum name? A friend of mine use to photograph what I believe was the original Liger for the breeder that first produced the Liger.
Hello Liger, I bought cutting boards as you suggested. However, I found the A4 a bit wavy. Therefore I hung it on the wall and used the flatter A3 to place the drone on. I went to great lengths to zero the level. I put a threaded insert into a 12x12x1 wooden board so That I could mount this on my tripod that has a ball head. This way I could control the X and y axis at the same time. I put a 20" square piece of plate glass on top of the board before leveling to ensure a flat surface. I performed the camera calibration and the calibrated the gimble. I returned to the camera calibration to find the camera was off again. After a couple of more tries, I found the the adjustment needed was increasing each time. I started with a .4 adjustment and the last one was 2.6. I stopped doing the gimble adjustment. I swithed to the camera view of the target and it seems to be very close to correct. i'm puzzled as to why the adjust number kept climbing. It's as though any adjustment becomes the new zero point.