Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mirroring to a laptop

PopsDg

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and finding it extremely useful.

I am an ex soldier in the UK who is setting up an inspection firm, initially using my Anafi thermal to inspect roof structures and to run recording missions with my old unit during training exercises. I would find it very useful if I were able to mirror my controller onto a laptop in realtime in order to allow clients to see what I see and direct the flight to any points of interest they want to see, without them having to look over my shoulder. Google has been very unhelpful so I figured I would ask the experts!

I did have a look through the forum to see if this had been answered previously but found nothing.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum, Ex Sigs myself. There is an application on the Google Play store called "Second Screen", where you can setup output to as it says a Second screen.

Not saying this is the solution, but a good starting point.

Reactions: PopsDg
Would this work?

Reactions: PopsDg
Cheers guys. That link threw up an interesting point and it looks like I might just be able to directly hook up a laptop to the drone wifi and stream to VLC player directly. That would be great!

Just tried Airmore on my PC and Huawei P30 Pr, didn't work, kept saying the phone and laptop were not on the same WiFi network, of course they were!!

I found a old post on the forum that might help you out.

To my understanding, due to its hardware limitation, the Anafi is a ‘flying image server’ only able to distribute the video feed correctly to only one ‘image client’ SDK.

The ‘image client’ that has :
- all the software implemented to display correctly the live stream of image
- has a built-in WiFi connection server That already knows your Anafi WiFi network (so your phone’s WiFi should be ‘Off’ or better ‘Airplane mode’ to avoid airwaves mess.
- has antennas... That fit the Anafi antennas. The WiFi network is not the same as your usual WiFi parameters. It’s the controller Network connected to the Anafi network...
...is the SkyController 3 radio-command connected to your phone. In this situation, the only Anafi image stream client is your SkyController, with the FF6 app in your phone.

You can use the Anafi without the SkyController radio-command, connecting your phone ‘s WiFi Network to the Anafi WiFi network. But it will be less efficient (shorter connection distances). But still in this configuration the Anafi (image server) has only one ‘image client’ : Your phone and the FF6 App.

With VLC on a PC, you can grab some of the image stream ‘bits’ but you won’t be recognized as a legitimate ‘image client’. You won’t have the image stream correction process of FF6 as VLC doesn’t do that, and you won’t have nice antennas in your PC...To do this, your PC must be connected to the Anafi WiFi network... and that’s complicated...

I think it is the reason why your best move is :
1) Use the SkyController as the ‘image client’ connected to FF6 on your phone as a primary display.
2) Use another way to grab the image from your phone (that will add an New ‘image server’ that is independant from the Anafi) and send the signal from your phone to a PC for example that will be another image client, but not on the same network as the Anafi.

Hope this makes sense Why the Anafi Vidéo signal cannot be read by various Phones or PC at the same moment. I think this is the simplest explanation as it took me some time to understand it after reading lots of complicated posts in the developper forum...

Some seem to be successful using the USB-c port of the SkyController 3 radio command (one USB-A port of the SkyController 3 is connected to your phone, the remaining USB-C port that you usually use for charging the SkyController is free during flights).
They connect a USB-C to Ethernet RJ45 little adapter and connect the Ethernet side, with a wire, to a PC via the RJ45 connector.
... but very few documented that. Parrot seems to indicate it is possible but... it’s up to you !

Last edited:
Here is one solution. Purchase a Screenbeam Mini 2. It has its own wifi network that you can cast to from your phone or tablet. It has an HDMI output that can be connected to a monitor, TV or goggles. You will need a battery bank to power it.

Attachments

• connections.JPG
    connections.JPG
    833.3 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: MustangPhil
Here is one solution. Purchase a Screenbeam Mini 2. It has its own wifi network that you can cast to from your phone or tablet. It has an HDMI output that can be connected to a monitor, TV or goggles. You will need a battery bank to power it.

How about using a tablet that has hdmi output and connecting a monitor that way. The Nividia Shield k1 tablet may work?

Reactions: zandoli
The Nvidia Shield(with stylus) and K1 can both run the FreeFlight 6 app.
I've had the app crash on occasion when using my Shield, probably because of the 2GB RAM limitiation.
Viewing the screen under bright sunlight is also an issue.

Very few tablets have HDMI out. I would check with other users to see if the Nvidia Shield will run the app.
Every iPad ever released has HDMI out; you need an official, or 2 dollar aliexpress cable though

Every iPad ever released has HDMI out; you need an official, or 2 dollar aliexpress cable though

You should have said
" The Apple iPad does not feature a HDMI port for HDMI-out support; however, Apple and other manufacturers make adapters for the iPad that add HDMI capabilities to the device. These devices are available for both the 30-pin and the Lightning connector iPad versions. "

Reactions: d95gas
You should have said
" The Apple iPad does not feature a HDMI port for HDMI-out support; however, Apple and other manufacturers make adapters for the iPad that add HDMI capabilities to the device. These devices are available for both the 30-pin and the Lightning connector iPad versions. "
Correction: every iOS device ever released

There must be something I do not get :
- On my iPad mini 4, I have one lightning port (and one port only)
- I can plug an adaptator to this port to get HDMI-out support ...
... then where should I plug the SkyController 3 to fly the Anafi ?

There must be something I do not get :
- On my iPad mini 4, I have one lightning port (and one port only)
- I can plug an adaptator to this port to get HDMI-out support ...
... then where should I plug the SkyController 3 to fly the Anafi ?

Exactly
He is just pushing his luck with miss information. He seems to like getting under peoples skin. He has been on the staffs radar for some time. Just giving him enough rope to see which way he wants to go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guads100k