Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Motor caps

slvervper99

Reaction score
Has anybody here bought those motor caps to cover the motors - wouldn't that cause the motors to heat up faster? Just inquiring since I plan on purchasing them.

Anytime I have seen someone post that they have bought them on Parrots Facebook page they ended up not using them from the advice of a lot of people for that very reason of over heating. Some guy emailed CS and asked if they are OK and the answer he got really did not give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling. The answer he got was "I guess they are would be OK" :)

Anytime I have seen someone post that they have bought them on Parrots Facebook page they ended up not using them from the advice of a lot of people for that very reason of over heating. Some guy emailed CS and asked if they are OK and the answer he got really did not give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling. The answer he got was "I guess they are would be OK" :)
That's what I thought, since putting the caps on covers the motors - there will be no vents whatsoever for the motor.

Has anybody here bought those motor caps to cover the motors - wouldn't that cause the motors to heat up faster? Just inquiring since I plan on purchasing them.

I have read in FB Group Parrot anafi owner , not issue about motors caps everything fine.
But for me better not use caps cause the motor design need fresh air to colling it :coffee::coffee:

I Purchased THIS case on Amazon, really nice, plenty of room for my "Flying Phone" inside and my cables, etc. Not bulky, and much thinner than the one posted above, and as it doesn't look like a "drone case" I am happier walking around with it..... Everyone thinks I have adopted the "Man Bag" thing :cool:

Regarding the motor caps, I looked at these and decided against them as there was a possibility they MAY restrict air flow, would could potentially cause overheating......

Reactions: slvervper99
I Purchased THIS case on Amazon, really nice, plenty of room for my "Flying Phone" inside and my cables, etc. Not bulky, and much thinner than the one posted above, and as it doesn't look like a "drone case" I am happier walking around with it..... Everyone thinks I have adopted the "Man Bag" thing :cool:

Regarding the motor caps, I looked at these and decided against them as there was a possibility they MAY restrict air flow, would could potentially cause overheating......
There is a slightly other form of this case HERE. The controller is located in the middle making the case a bit smaller.

I'm just guessing here but the case slverper99 linked to the outside of it is plastic making it kind of water proof and I think that is the feel he was going for. All those cloth covered cases would not last in the outdoors hiking or if it started to rain. After time they will start to fall apart IMHO.

Reactions: slvervper99
I'm just guessing here but the case slverper99 linked to the outside of it is plastic making it kind of water proof and I think that is the feel he was going for. All those cloth covered cases would not last in the outdoors hiking or if it started to rain. After time they will start to fall apart IMHO.
Yup, what he said, in a manner of speaking it is somewhat waterproof or water resistant, but I don't think the plastic case is actually sealed when submerged in water- but I believe it will hold up in a rain.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut