Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nd filter

Eagle

Reaction score
I bought a penivo nd4 filter for my anafi
Today I tried to use it ..I put the filter in front of the camera..made sure it was tight and then I turned on the drone-controller-app (usual startup procedure)
However I got an error saying "camera failure please remove any objects from front of camera " and the camera was not responding
When I removed the Nd filter everything was ok.
Is this normal? Did I bought an incompatible filter for my anafi? (It said that the filter was for parrot anafi and the size seems to be correct)

Try putting on the filter AFTER the Anafi has gone through it's startup sequence as recomended in trhe user manual.

ANAFI was designed and optimized to fly as is. Parrot therefore strongly discourages the use of any add-on or accessory which could be mounted on, or attached to ANAFI (motor covers, feet extensions, buoys, hulls, etc.). In addition to the overweight they carry for the drone and its motors, they can indeed magnetically disturb ANAFI and impair its communications.
ND filters, however, are not affected by this warning: filters can be used on ANAFI’s lens, but Parrot recommends installing them carefully, after the drone’s gimbal initialization.

I bought a penivo nd4 filter for my anafi
Today I tried to use it ..I put the filter in front of the camera..made sure it was tight and then I turned on the drone-controller-app (usual startup procedure)
However I got an error saying "camera failure please remove any objects from front of camera " and the camera was not responding
When I removed the Nd filter everything was ok.
Is this normal? Did I bought an incompatible filter for my anafi? (It said that the filter was for parrot anafi and the size seems to be correct)
Unfortunately, the space between the gimbal assembly and the lens rim is tight, so the rim of the filter may collide during initialization. There are filters that have a very thin rim or a cutout on it. These can be placed on it before turning it on. If yours is not, it will jam during power-on self-calibration. The solution is to place it carefully after the boot process.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh