Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi gimbal off?

Reaction score
I received my brand new Anafi today from Best Buy. After charging the batteries, I turned it on and noticed the gimbal does not sit level after powering up. I turned it off and filmed it as I powered it on again. I’m a bit worried! I also tried to do the updates with the controller, but after 40 minutes or so, I canceled and sought advice from another thread that the controller must be completely charged (I thought it was) before updating. So, I am charging the controller again to make sure it is complete. I’m hoping the update will fix the gimbal issue - is it something I should be concerned about? This photo is a still from the video I mentioned - after powering up.
E05CED11-4A9B-416C-BABF-129DA3D767D7.pngThank you in advance.

All is good now! Since I can't seem to delete this thread, I'll describe my process. The short answer is... the gimbal needed calibration - an obvious solution once I was able to get everything updated.

So, I charged the controller until the LED next to the USB port changed to green. I opened the FreeFlight 6 app, turned on the controller, connected it to my iPhone, and turned on the aircraft. The app updated my controller (~ 30 seconds), then my aircraft (< 2 minutes), and then my battery.

I was then notified that I needed to calibrate the controller - so I did this by moving it around in various directions. Then I was notified I needed to calibrate the drone, which I did by rotating around the 3 axes as directed. I was also notified I needed to calibrate the camera, but when I clicked on Camera Calibration, the next screen said "Unavailable" in red letters under Gimbal calibration.
gimbalerror.png

I turned everything off and back on again, and by direction in another thread, I scrolled down on the screen with the drone and camera calibration buttons and hit the reset button to reset the drone. This prompted for the drone to be calibrated again, and then the camera - and this time, the gimbal calibration was available. And it corrected the orientation of the camera which is now sitting level. Whew!

Reactions: Skydreamer
Congratulations on your new UAV, glad it all worked out for you. I am surprised it did not notify you that you needed to exchange that iPhone for a good Android device ..........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: just kidding

Welcome to the world of flying the Anafi.
Happy flying

Reactions: Jennifer Horsman
Ha! I wonder if it would have been smoother with an Android device! I’d consider getting one if so - not a smartphone but perhaps a small tablet if there is one that would fit in the controller.

It also seems the camera cover needs to be removed before turning on the aircraft.

I just flew it for the first time. It seems much slower than the DJI Mavic Mini and Mavic 2 Pro, especially when ascending and rotating. Though I need to explore all the settings and options.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Yes most settings are adjustable. It might take some time to fine tune it to were you want but you will get there. A suggestion is once you find that sweet spot write it down. LOL I have set up a few different tablets and needed my preferred settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood