Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi Lighting Systems from FoxFury!

New Parrot Anafi Series Lighting Systems for Anafi and Anafi USA!

Pretty cool solution. A bit pricey, but sure beats how I get lights on my Thermal.

View attachment 4978
Would like to know more about the IR lighting for the Parrot Anafi Thermal from FOXFURY.
Will this IR lighting improve the resolution of the camera similar to 640 x320 pixel resolution for the other IR cameras.
How much is flight time affected .

As the IR sensor in the Anafi Thermal is only 160 x 120 pixels the only way to increase the apparent resolution is by interpolation. The IR camera on the Anafi Thermal does not need any lighting as it measures the IR in the scene. In fact using IR lighting could give a false image.

Reactions: sibujacob
Nice, now they encourage night flights!

Στάλθηκε από το MI 5s Plus μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Night flights are perfectly legal in most countries. Here in Canada I don't even need a waiver.

Night Flight Requirements​

• 901.39 (1) No pilot shall operate a remotely piloted aircraft system during the night unless the remotely piloted aircraft is equipped with position lights sufficient to allow the aircraft to be visible to the pilot and any visual observer, whether with or without night-vision goggles, and those lights are turned on.

Reactions: orybarfly
Way over priced just like the Lume cube lights for drones. All over priced big time. Someone is just trying to make a fast buck.

The D10 Light weighs 14g x 3 + the ‘saddle’ that seems to weigh 13 g.
That’s an addition of 55g.
I wonder how long our poor Anafi can fly with such a burden ?
I did not find the weight of the whole pack in their website, had to gather information from different sources...

Knowing Parrot did claim they gain 2 or 3 minutes flight time with the loss of a few gram on the Anafi FPV modified frame...

Last edited:
I have an official confirmation from FoxFury that there will be a sacrifice of 25% of the Total Flight time for using their Parrot Anafi Lighting system . I am in touch with China to produce a similar one like FoxFury.
**** China can't be left out !! :)))

Reactions: MustangPhil
25% is a fair chunk considering there seems to be enough issues with the battery flight time anyway!!

I have an official confirmation from FoxFury that there will be a sacrifice of 25% of the Total Flight time for using their Parrot Anafi Lighting system . I am in touch with China to produce a similar one like FoxFury.
**** China can't be left out !! :)))
Most everything I have bought from China that is a knock off from the original is just plain junk. No way I would be adding more weight to the Anafi just to have lights.

The thing I really don't like about this lighting system (Besides the price) is that the lights should be on the sides, not on the facet that faces forward. If they were on the outer most facet opposite of where it mounts to the body harness they could be seen from all sides except the side towards the drone. I like the concept, but maybe someone will make the bracket/harness with flat points to stick on Firehouse Technology LED lights.

So here is the reply I get from FoxFury on why this is expensive

Why such a small 3D printed plastic light is so expensive?

• Minimalist solution
  • Maximum strength, minimum weight. To achieve this, a honeycomb structure exists between external walls. This can only be achieved by a high end 3D printing process.
  • Tested to have minimal impact on the Center of Gravity. The saddle where it mounts was carefully designed to both make for a simple and intuitive fit, as well as allow the accessories to cause the least amount of burden to the ANAFI.
Also

• Lights are designed in order to see, or to be seen.
    • For the purpose of being seen, the strobe mode is Federal Aviation compliant, which means that it can be seen from 3 statute miles (4.82 km) and blinks / strobes within the acceptable ranges mandated by agencies across the planet.
    • For the purpose of seeing, the light has a tight focus. The tighter the focus and the more intense the light, then the further the camera will see, and the faster the ANAFI can fly.
  • Lights are used for both indoor and outdoor missions. This includes a myriad of applications: Inspecting areas we can’t reach, assisting during disasters, performing indoor searches, and simple inspection / police.
  • These lighting and mounting platforms are part of a Road Map that includes
    • Exotic materials so the accessories can go into high risk areas, like very temperatures
    • Lighting solutions that emit a very powerful beam
    • Accessories outside of the lighting space, like Payload delivery systems UNQUOTE ........................Should I buy ??

Marketing speak! They are still expensive.
Most 3D prints have a honeycomb, or similar, internal structure to reduce weight and the amount of material used.

Parrot are also now saying that extra weight on the Anafi is OK whilst in the past they have said not to attach anything.
because people are noobs;

this system has mounting points so the weight is distributed. If Parrot said; it's okay to add 30 grams (for example) you would have some assclowns on this forum attaching a Go Pro on one of the legs and then crying because it crashed

Also this is for the Anafi USA; 55 grams added only means 10% more weight

Infact,its only stroboscopic light...only to position ..no good to the fly

Edit: I was so wrong!

D10 Parrot ANAFI Thermal Lighting SystemD10 Parrot ANAFI USA Lighting SystemD10 Parrot ANAFI Thermal Infrared Lighting SystemD10 Parrot ANAFI USA Infrared Lighting System

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut