Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Anafi out of the box (controller and video fail) Returned Another New Anafi out of the box (controller and video fail)

LogiComm

Reaction score
I have a Bebop 2 Power and have been happy with it.

I decided to purchase the Anafi Extended. It arrived 2 days ago. New out of the box. First thing I did was charge the controller and drone %100. The drone worked only connected WiFi to the Samsung S7 phone. It flew fine but video worked with grey streaks and blocks in the video) The controller would not recognize connection to the phone or the drone (status light would come on, power spring under the antenna opening working as far as I could tell). I updated the drone firmware and still nothing. I paired with the cable connecting the drone to the controller and nothing.

I returned it and purchased another one. Today new out of the box. First thing I did was charge the controller and drone %100. This time the controller status light would not even come on or recognize the phone (power spring under the antenna opening working as far as I could tell). The drone would work only with WiFi connected to the phone but the video on the drone would not work at all (Black screen and lens cap was off)

I am really sad about the quality of the Parrot Anafi and do not want a DJI. Not sure what is next…maybe building a drone!

1. You must have a functioning connection of your smartphone IN AIRPLANE MODE and the controller SC3 with an USB cable.
2. If this works as descibed (the app FF6 opens as soon as SC3 and smartphone are connected and shows a green controller box), then you can switch on Anafi and wait until also the drone box in FF6 becomes green.
So:
Don't use a Wifi connection between drone and smartphone, if you want to fly with controller!

Most problems are in step 1 and are caused by a not functioning USB cable. So try another one first (not a Samsung brand).

1. You must have a functioning connection of your smartphone IN AIRPLANE MODE and the controller SC3 with an USB cable.
2. If this works as descibed (the app FF6 opens as soon as SC3 and smartphone are connected and shows a green controller box), then you can switch on Anafi and wait until also the drone box in FF6 becomes green.
So:
Don't use a Wifi connection between drone and smartphone, if you want to fly with controller!

Most problems are in step 1 and are caused by a not functioning USB cable. So try another one first (not a Samsung brand).
Thank you for the reply.

I have the Parrot aps set not to default open on the phone since I have 3 different Parrot apps on them. From the Bebop 2, I learned to put the phone in airplane mode and to cut off WiFi and I also cut off Bluetooth. I connected with WiFi to the drone to test if it was working properly. The first drone flew but the video had grey bars and boxes over the vireo randomly. I did not reseat the card since the controller was not working. The second drone, the controller would not power up. I tried several USB cables with the same results on both drones. I did not test flying it but the video was black as described in other threads. I could not contact Parrot by phone yesterday and put in a ticket on the web page.

"grey bars an boxes" might have been the overexposure display, if you set the "show overexposure" option in settings.
But: if you possibly had 2 drones with hardware problems, that's awful! :(

Some of the Anafi drone controllers were reported to have defective battery packs in them.

Perhaps you got two of them?

Are you charging the controller through a computer? There are some that believe attempting to charge a controller through a computer USB connection could cause a problem. There is nothing in the Anafi literature warning against doing this.

That said I had two controllers that would not take a charge and turn on. According to Parrot they had a batch of batteries that were faulty. I've had no issues with the third controller I received.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking