Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New one for me!

Old Dude

Reaction score
Only 90 F outside, Anafi says it can handle 104 F, but I guess flying over a dark roof must raise the temp a bit!
Got the message "Battery to hot for flight" or something like that. Backed off the roof to land and about 10 feet high it gave up. A six foot tall climbing rose caught it, no damage! Next time roof inspections will be done before it gets too hot, (Sun up)

Even my white and silver iPhone 7 screen goes dark and almost useless in heat and sun. I had to RTH on the SkyController and find shade my first flight.

Reactions: Skydreamer
Was the battery hot to begin with (like sitting in a car or something)?

I flew yesterday and it was around 31C ( 88 F for you in North America!), no issues. The Anafi or Battery did not feel that hot, felt pretty normal actually.

Yup,last weekend was really hot,around 90..had anafi in the air for about 15 minutes,landed ,grabbed anafi and i must say it was burning hot,body and battery,..
Did you hover most of the time/in the end of the flight?

Imho:
About a dark roof, there is heat from both sides and mostly no moving, too: Bird starts "boiling"
In the sun, as long you fly and "make wind", or in case there is some wind, that should not really be a problem: Bird gets warm, warmer perhaps, but still sound
Unless, of course, you force it to max power usage, all the time.

Even my white and silver iPhone 7 screen goes dark and almost useless in heat and sun. I had to RTH on the SkyController and find shade my first flight.
One of the things, I try to find as HP-location: shaded areas
I may fly from "under a tree" a/some hundred meter away, instead of just from before the location I wanna fly to, just because of : All the time in the sun is no fun.

but since it is not always possible to find a starting place in the shade, I am thinking about gettin' one of these:

51tzo0nhJUL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Did you hover most of the time/in the end of the flight?

Imho:
About a dark roof, there is heat from both sides and mostly no moving, too: Bird starts "boiling"
In the sun, as long you fly and "make wind", or in case there is some wind, that should not really be a problem: Bird gets warm, warmer perhaps, but still sound
Unless, of course, you force it to max power usage, all the time.
I flew around house ,max altitude(i am almost outside boston airport range so i have to follow altitude rulles to cover my *ss) was 250 feet(75 meters) so yes i stoped and hovered few times but i dont think that was reason why anafi was so hot,when i said it was hot i ment whole unit,bottom,top and battery,i would say heat from outside(sun) and heat from inside the unit got it to get extremely hot....now something funny,in another topic i posted picture of my anfi camera painted in black,you mentioned that camera might get hot when exposed to sun,well i remembered to check camera and it was cold....everything else was hot ?
note:sunny hot day,89F,no clouds,no wind

I'm having heat related battery issues. First time I've flown an Anafi in 90F outside temps. Last few flights after landing the battery is hot and the switch doesn't operate. Have to remove battery from drone to turn off.

Yesterday I flew 6 flights of 5 to 10 minutes per flight with 30 minutes to an hour between flights. 6 separate batteries. 2 of the 6 battery switches failed to operate out of the 6 batteries.

Anyone else experience these switch issues?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut