Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Parrot Anafi drone will come in two versions: military and civilian

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score

That is very interesting. I was seriously considering adding the Mavic Pro 2 Zoom to the collection of Anafi and Mavic pro..... I might just hold on and see how this goes, if its going to be a good while before they release the new one, then I am going to have to do some serious considering :)

This is really a big step up for Parrot. This could be a game changer in that this could be a very viable enterprise type drone.

My pure opinion on it:

• I wish it was bigger though so it could have an option for the 320 or 640 Boson.
  • Make it the same form but even bigger with the option to swap cameras.
  • I truly hope Parrot gets the bugs out for the random failures (I do read enough forums to know that this happens to all manufacturers but the poor Anafi seems to be at a much higher rate) causing crashes and this particular Anafi hopefully will have that problem addressed.
  • Add a real customer service, maybe a dedicated enterprise customer service with fast efficient support
  • Keep the really easy to use Freeflight Anafi Thermal experieince
  • Show Battery Cell Info
  • Offer a DJI Enterprise Shield Type Warranty/Service Plan
  • Accept Trade-ins of other Parrot Products if you move up to this drone
  • Have a plan for this drone to be ready for Remote ID for the future
  • Market its selling point as not being Chinese (I do own 2 Chinese drones) to target government customers who deal with grants

They may be a little ‘agressive’ ...at first sight I thought it was a joke ...
... but you know... French marketing...

CB3B01E9-4D2B-4270-9E50-CADFB6D9BAE1.jpeg

Reactions: Skydreamer
They may be a little ‘agressive’ ...at first sight I thought it was a joke ...
... but you know... French marketing...

View attachment 4303

Well they definitely satisfied the last thing on my wish list : Market its selling point as not being Chinese (I do own 2 Chinese drones) to target government customers who deal with grants
LOL!

Reactions: MustangPhil
I already own 2 Anafis, and I flew the Phantom and Mavic Pro series for training.
I really did not understand the point of a ‘no fly zone’ decided in China... So my next drone will not be a Chinese one.
For my needs also, DJI drones are particularly unstable indoors (where the Anafi is hyper stable without GPS signal).
So I was looking at the Evo 2 Pro (the resulting pics are really interesting)
If Parrot is able to launch a 1 inch sensor drone and if they keep the idea of a 180° up and down gimbal, ... I will also wait for the announcements...

I am told by my wife that if i fix some stuff around the house i can get myself another drone....?......so lets wait few more weeks

... just answer her that you need to fix something on the roof and also check for thermal and heat loss on the roof and you need another drone for that.
It will help her understand why it’s f....in’ Xpensive (in the teasing image, the 3 circular shape seem to suggest 3 cameras including a thermal one with the red dot)

...still wondering if it’s not a fake teasing image (not really nice, the Frenchy-Englishy text with an aggressive baseline...). If it’s real, my guess is the new staff that was hired for the ‘new products launch’ job we saw on their recrutement page won’t stay long...

What seems real is their partnership with an American Electronic Component manufacturer and the software seems ‘open enough’ to be developed or ‘checked’ by a governmental authority so they may focus their communication on ‘non-Chinese’ related drone as nothing seems to be manufacture there...

Last edited:
There is still no official listing that I have found of this. Parrot's Twitter account does not mention it or the release date. But in one of the DroneXL articles (The one with the Anafi, Anafi Thermal, Anafi SE that looks like a trade show or conference), the guy (The guy that is always with the Drone U guys whenever they talk Pix4D shops and classes) from Pix4D is in the picture, so unless this is an edited photoshop pic it looks like this is the real deal. Still it's odd that Parrot does not have this on Twitter or their other social media platforms yet since the date is just around the corner. If this is true I would think that this week should have more information?

It could be photoshop,cameras in mustangphil post lineup with cameras in first post....but i do hope it is not photoshop ?

@jaja6009 brought to my attention.
The SE does look like a craft much improved from the original Thermal.
It's on a larger scale platform based on the few photos & video that has side by side.
Width increased, which added to the battery size increase.
The Radio looked interesting... with built in screen. Wonder if that will make it to market, looked like a huge improvement over the anafi RC.

Camera Gimbal looks much improved in size, design & material.
In the video, the 30x zoom appeared pretty fast, and stable at full zoom.

In my quick review of the URL links, I didn't find any reference to specifications...
Be one to watch for this Summer!

The prototype looks real, a close look on the ‘Big Anafi’ (whatever it’s real name will be), makes me think that :

- 1- The metallic frame of the gimbal looks like it’s made of unpolished CNC aluminum (numerical command machining... that was my speciality long ago...). You can clearly see the marks of the cylindric rotary burr (The ‘tool path’).
The surface finish in the triangle edges with a small radius spherical burr are OK for prototypes or small amount of parts, but as long as you are producing series of drone, this could be replaced by a moulded plastic-fiber-charged frame that should be black in the end.
- 2- The black plastic part that holds the 3 cameras, and the ‘GPS cover part’ on top of the drone, do show clear ‘steps’ that were not ‘solvent polished’ and that indicate they were made with the additive manufacturing process, typical for prototype testing.

The 2 above remarks and the teaser image with the ‘3 dots’ that surely suggest the presence of 3 cameras on the gimbal, make me think this was a prototype only and the process to go from a ‘machined process’ to ‘fully moulded’ parts takes around 4 to 6 month in the real industrial world.

The cost of such a prototype or ‘small series’ dedicated to governmental partners of professionals of the ‘search and rescue’ field would be too high for the vast majority of us.
... but if they choose this new ‘Big Anafi platform’ and want to make it futurproof, they may launch series, with moulds, and make it modular.

... and if this ‘modular big Anafi drone platform’ could exist, then the gimbal could accept various lens or cameras (like the new Autel EVO 2 did)... in This case, I would be interested by a ‘Pro’ camera version (1 inch sensor)... otherwise, it’s not for me !

I am told by my wife that if i fix some stuff around the house i can get myself another drone....?......so lets wait few more weeks
So yesterday i said to her:”wow parrot has new drone out”
wife:”how much is it.”
me:”7000$$”
wife:”yeah right..(reading specs).....you are not in millitary,right?
me: “ no”
wife: “ then you dont need it ”
end of conversation
?

It is clearly meant for the commercial end of the UAV and just knowing it had a Flir camera it would be up there in price. Knowing what the cost of other manufactures have theirs set at I thought it would be perhaps a bit higher in cost. I also thought they would have included a 1" sensor but I guess first responders don't need one.
People are posting about the specs but you also have to think about the software ecosystem that comes with the bundle. You would pay extra for most of this with other manufactures adding to the cost of the product.
-mapping software Pix4Dreact
-supports a growing ecosystem of professional applications and services, such as Survae (smart searching and visualization platform connecting video, images, and sensor data to interactive maps and timelines), DroneLogbook (compliance and fleet management), Kittyhawk (compliance and security for enterprise UAS fleet and airspace management.), DroneSense (comprehensive drone management platform enabling public safety organizations to build, manage, and scale their unmanned aircraft programs), Planck AeroSystems (autonomous landing on a moving vehicle), and Skyward, A Verizon company (aviation management platform, including airspace, LAANC access, as well as training, hardware, and connectivity for enterprise drone fleet deployments).

Other partners are working hard to join the ecosystem in the coming months, making ANAFI USA a reference platform for professional use.

Reactions: jaja6009
All this talking about signal booster in another topic got me thinking about first responders like police and fire departments having signal issues when using anafi usa....imagine you are police officer using anafi usa to find bad guy thats hiding in residental area...you are using thermal feature and after aprox 100-200 meters you get message:”Low wifi signal,strong interferance”....question is sloudnt first responderers be ,well i dont know if this is proper term,ill call it “FCC Exempt “,where sc3 and anafi usa are allready factory boosted so the drone signal can not be affected by wifi interferance.I cant imagine such critical situation where law enforcement or fire departmennt has to go trough same c.rap we go with our regular anafi......like fire department checking fire and suddenly anafi usa drops down strainght into fire with 20% battery charge left...no logs,no anafi,go explain that one ?

Last edited:
All this talking about signal booster in another topic got me thinking about first responders like police and fire departments having signal issues when using anafi usa....imagine you are police officer using anafi usa to find bad guy thats hiding in residental area...you are using thermal feature and after aprox 100-200 meters you get message:”Low wifi signal,strong interferance”....question is sloudnt first responderers be ,well i dont know if this is proper term,ill call it “FCC Exempt “,where sc3 and anafi usa are allready factory boosted so the drone signal can not be affected by wifi interferance.I cant imagine such critical situation where law enforcement or fire departmennt has to go trough same c.rap we go with our regular anafi......like fire department checking fire and suddenly anafi usa drops down strainght into fire with 20% battery charge left...no logs,no anafi,go explain that one ?
I can see the first responders go: wait are you supposed to charge the batteries to 100% before each mission??

Do we know when this thing is coming out,they mentioned that freeflight 6 will updated and there will be some changes like camera settings and options to change rth from takeoff location to pilot(taking off from moving vehicle etc.)...i am gonna download new version to old ipad,dont wanna loose version 6.6.9 on my ipad pro before testing it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut