Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New user: battery charging in the car

Will-I-Am

Reaction score
Hi pilot's

I'm a new Anafi pilot and learn allot here on this forum. I'm from Belgium and in Sep. 21 i start my Class 2
Registration for my drone is on the way (regulations in Belgium)

Before doing that i have to learn to use my Anafi on a correct way. So i buy some extra stuff to max. use the Anafi (extra cable, extra battery ...) and have a question about it;
Is it possible to load the battery's on a sigaret charger in the car and is it ok for the car's battery?

I live near a airport so i have to move 5 km away from it to fly save. 2 battery's is about 50 min. of flying so when using one battery i could charge the other one in my car?

Thanks & happy flying

William

This is the one, i'm using for charging my Anafi.
Kismaple ANAFI Charger - 2 in 1 Multi Rapid Battery Charger and Car Charger for Parrot Anafi

3 charging bays for the batteries, and 2 USB ports to charge the controller and your phone at the same time.
I only have 2 batteries, so the 3rd bay is always empty. The charger charges the batteries in about 1h along with the phone and controller.
Comes with a 12V socket adapter to use it with your cars cigarette lighter socket, so you can charge your stuff on the way.
I used this at least 15 times in car, the rest was at home plugged into mains, without any issues (since I returned the first product as it was faulty and a capacitor blew).

I endorse the recommendation of the 3 battery charger. It charges 3 batteries at least as fast as any charger I have tried, including various high-speed extra power USB C devices. It also always seems to bring the Anafi up to a solid and reliable 100% charge whereas some alternative charging methods seem to think that maintaining 97% the next day is acceptable performance. Using it in the car through the 12 volt supply isn't quite as fast. Fortunately, I have a 240 volt AC socket in my car and so I can plug it in as if at home and it seems to charge up to three batteries at once just fine on the 15 volts supplied through the mains adapter. It's the best accessory for the Anafi you can get, after more batteries.

I think doing one battery in a car would be the best and safest way of charging. Hopefully in a Lipo bag. God help you if you ever have a fire while charging your batteries in a car on a busy highway. :eek:

Reactions: Thanev
I endorse the recommendation of the 3 battery charger. It charges 3 batteries at least as fast as any charger I have tried, including various high-speed extra power USB C devices. It also always seems to bring the Anafi up to a solid and reliable 100% charge whereas some alternative charging methods seem to think that maintaining 97% the next day is acceptable performance. Using it in the car through the 12 volt supply isn't quite as fast. Fortunately, I have a 240 volt AC socket in my car and so I can plug it in as if at home and it seems to charge up to three batteries at once just fine on the 15 volts supplied through the mains adapter. It's the best accessory for the Anafi you can get, after more batteries.
My USB-C PD 3.0 charger charges the Anafi batteries up to 100% without problems.
The 3 battery charger you are talking about isn't without problems:
- the 2 cells of the Anafi battery are not charged balanced.
- there was a report here in this forum about this charger melting during a charging period.

I can only apologize for having my experiences and opinions rather than yours.
I don't want to pique you. The theme is not "opinion vs opinion".

My warning refers to posts in this forum:
... and:

Remember to monitor the USB block when plugging into a receptacle in the car,as I found mine got REALLY hot as the charge progressed.

I've received a USB-C car charger with PD 3.0 / QC 3.0 port (63 W). and it's working great and its a fast charger technology. using that in my Ram truck which I use for 24/7 towing service NYC, build quality is good and have few functions on it about voltage, satisfied!

Last edited:
This is what I got. Get the PD version.

Thanks for the link. I do not have Amazon Prime so I will either have to add it to another oder to get over £20 or find a similar one on Ebay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood