Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

NEW USER - HELP !! (RED GPS ON SKYCONTROLLER and other issues)

crossroad

Reaction score
Second Exodus with a new Anafi FPV.
Same location, but worse weather than 1st time. (wind 25-30Km/H vs 10-15Km/H).
Latest Update 1.6.3 (the 1st day was 1.6.2)

-Battery One : RED GPS ON SKYCONTROLLER, My Phone (Samsung S8+) was in Airplane Mode (the GPS from my phone was OFF too). The RTH function o.k., but red warning says very strong interference at about 10m away from me ! I change place (100 m away from the first position) but THE RED GPS ON SKYCONTROLLER continue to exist . I made the flight without gps from skycontroller, the RTH works o.k.

-Battery Two : I change the cable, nothing change : RED GPS ON SKYCONTROLLER, plus issues with the camera. No icon, message on my phone : check the phone for airplane mode !!,
Then i restart anafi and skytcontroller, many times, calibration for the anafi, reset and calibration for skycontroller (with the phone connected) the icon from the camera was on and off many times. I made the flight without gps from controller, the RTH works o.k.

-Battery Three : New cable (the Third !) and finally i get GREEN GPS on Skycontroller. Tested the FollowMe Mode, everything was o.k. Still receiving messages like : check the phone for airplane mode !!, and the flight was completed when it lost the signal about 450 meters away, with the RTH activated.
AND FINALLY WHILE ON THE ground, THE RED GPS ON THE CONTROLER RETURNED AND THE VIDEO WAS LOSE (WHITE ON THE PHONE SCREEN)

Terrible experience.
What's wrong ?
Weather, phone (what specifically?) Cable, skycontroller, or new update?
Please HELP !

p.s : All of the time i can get green gps for drone and the RTH was activeded and worked o.k.
Still i' m confused : THE GPS ON MY PHONE MUST BE ON or OFF ? (ALWAYS I ACTIVATE THE AIRPLANE MODE)

The Sky controller does not have built in GPS. It uses your phone's GPS, and GPS must be enabled on your phone to properly use it. You should never take off outdoors with at least yellow GPS on the drone and controller.

Reactions: crossroad
Thanks for your answer.
I had green gps for the drone in all of my flights.
And red gps on gps controller. (the icons on the soft).

If you are using the phone by itself, naturally you want both WiFi and GPS enabled. If you are using the Skycontroller and your phone, you need the GPS but not the WiFi, since the controller provides the WiFi. The phone WiFi should be off to prevent interference between the two WiFi's, which means airplane mode should be on or WiFi turned off under the WiFi setting. I always use Airplane mode because that also prevents incoming phone calls. I'm not sure if the App is smart enough to block incoming calls from interfering with flight. I've forgotten to use airplane mode a few times and had no interference problems, but I had no cell service those times so I still don't know about the above. Maybe someone will answer that.

Airplane mode ON is part of my checklist as I fly with the controller 98% of time. It's very rare for me to turn off my phone's GPS so I never had your issue.

you need to have "Location" set to on on your phone.... that will then make the GPS turn green on the controller icon on the FF6 screen

Airplane mode : ON
Wifi
: Off (should be off with Airplane mode On), never use your phone WiFi with the SkyController that has its own WiFi Module and antenna.
GPS : ON (your SkyController uses your phone’s GPS only, so if you switch it off... it will be red on the SkyController !)

... other than that, you can read the manual before buying extra cables...

Airplane mode : ON
Wifi
: Off (should be off with Airplane mode On), never use your phone WiFi with the SkyController that has its own WiFi Module and antenna.
GPS : ON (your SkyController uses your phone’s GPS only, so if you switch it off... it will be red on the SkyController !)

... other than that, you can read the manual before buying extra cables...
Turning on Airplane mode automatically turns off all radio broadcasting modes:
- Mobile internet connection
- Telephone GPRS (GSM, LTE ...) connection
- Wifi internet connection
- Bluetoot connection
Do not turn off GPS reception because it is not a radiation. it is just a passive reception (receives satellite signals and calculates the position from it)

So you don't need to turn off WI-FI as you wrote it, because it does so in Airplane mode ...

Second Exodus with a new Anafi FPV.
Same location, but worse weather than 1st time. (wind 25-30Km/H vs 10-15Km/H).
Latest Update 1.6.3 (the 1st day was 1.6.2)

-Battery One : RED GPS ON SKYCONTROLLER, My Phone (Samsung S8+) was in Airplane Mode (the GPS from my phone was OFF too). The RTH function o.k., but red warning says very strong interference at about 10m away from me ! I change place (100 m away from the first position) but THE RED GPS ON SKYCONTROLLER continue to exist . I made the flight without gps from skycontroller, the RTH works o.k.

-Battery Two : I change the cable, nothing change : RED GPS ON SKYCONTROLLER, plus issues with the camera. No icon, message on my phone : check the phone for airplane mode !!,
Then i restart anafi and skytcontroller, many times, calibration for the anafi, reset and calibration for skycontroller (with the phone connected) the icon from the camera was on and off many times. I made the flight without gps from controller, the RTH works o.k.

-Battery Three : New cable (the Third !) and finally i get GREEN GPS on Skycontroller. Tested the FollowMe Mode, everything was o.k. Still receiving messages like : check the phone for airplane mode !!, and the flight was completed when it lost the signal about 450 meters away, with the RTH activated.
AND FINALLY WHILE ON THE ground, THE RED GPS ON THE CONTROLER RETURNED AND THE VIDEO WAS LOSE (WHITE ON THE PHONE SCREEN)

Terrible experience.
What's wrong ?
Weather, phone (what specifically?) Cable, skycontroller, or new update?
Please HELP !

p.s : All of the time i can get green gps for drone and the RTH was activeded and worked o.k.
Still i' m confused : THE GPS ON MY PHONE MUST BE ON or OFF ? (ALWAYS I ACTIVATE THE AIRPLANE MODE)
Since neither the phone nor the drone saw your satellite, I think you wanted to fly in the wrong place.
It does not matter that the reception was good before, because anything can interfere with the reception, which did not disturb the last time.
In this case, if you do not want to lose your drone, do not fly. The need to receive satellites is a basic requirement.

The red controller gps means the phone gps is not enabled. Go into the phones menu and turn locations "on".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood