Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

New Warranty claim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanev

Reaction score
After 145 flights and less than a year after purchase,my Anafi took off today with a mind of it's own.
Calibrated the anafi, verified GPS lock,verfied airplane mode,initiated takeoff, and away it went.Straight up about 50 feet while saying precision homepoint set.
I knew something was wrong at that point as it continued to climb,so pressed land it was not responding to my left stick input .Motors all shut off at that point and it fell about 50 feet onto a grass sports field.Broke the left rear arm.Separated the body where the battery connects,and who knows what else.

I live in Canada.Strike 1
I bought from BestBuy.Strike 2
Have contacted Parrot support as Bestbuy says to send to Parrot as the store can not/will not address the problem.
Any bets how this will play out?

Amazon has kits right now. I'd hop all over that if you think the electronics are good, the bug momentary and you still want to fly it. Good luck.

Thank you for the "heads-up" on parts availability. I would if I didn't think the electronics were the problem to begin with(if it had been operator error).The gimbal is sitting slightly sideways and goes through calibration on startup until the final step,then sits looking at a downward angle.So I think the gimbal is broken as well.

Hope Parrot comes through for you. I found giving them as much information as to what happened helps but not always a sure thing. If they do go for a exchange make sure they have it in writing.
Just follow this fellows lead on how he got besbuy to cough up another Anafi.

Thank you!
I always document EVERYTHING as situations like this warrant it.Feel bad for those that don't.
As a footnote,I called Bestbuy customer service directly after getting nowhere with a staff-member in the store ,(couldn't locate a manager),and the customer service rep told me to take my Anafi and original receipt into the store and deal directly with a manager ONLY.And to bring it to their attention that Parrot does not ship to Canada.We shall see how that goes today...

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
After reading the success story with Bestbuy Canada as mentioned above,I am waiting for Parrots reply (within 48hours?) before I proceed with best buy.
I have recorded all steps taken on every problematic takeoff/flight before the fatal crash.I had 6 problematic flights from 10sec.to 42 sec.in duration.I switched out USB cables,batteries,rebooted the app and verified gos lock and airplane mode on.I reset the anafi after each flight as well.All flight logs are showing up on the app.
Waiting for Parrots reply .....

Lol
Will keep you posted...I have asked my Grandson to do so on my behalf if I am not able to.He is 3 ,but should be in grade school if/when this gets resolved.

Reactions: kimber45
Into the fifth day now with no response.
Started another "ticket" and replied to their first "within 48 hours" reply asking on status of the request as there has been no response.

If I was you I would phone them. At least you will have someone say I will look into your ticket and hopefully get things rolling faster

Yes.I will try to call the 877-972-7768 number tomorrow as they are presently closed.

If I was you I would phone them. At least you will have someone say I will look into your ticket and hopefully get things rolling faster
Thank you Agustine!

I phoned this morning and got through in about 3 minutes.I explained I had sent a request on the 20th after the incident and also another request with more info yesterday,with no reply to either as of this date.I then asked if someone could verify receiving the info.
The representative was very apologetic,opened my tickets,and asked me a few questions concerning damage and errors noted while in the flight and a general explanation of the incident.He then emailed me a questionnaire of sorts while I was on the phone,asking for more details ,screenshots , photos of damage and instructions on how to forward this info and any flight files pertinent to the incident.
He added that once he receives my emailed info,he will forward the info to technical support and a decision on my claim will be made,usually within 5-10 business days.

The ball is now rolling!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
As of the 26th I had received no reply.Emailed again asking for confirmation they had received my info.No reply.
This morning I phoned to try and get confirmation of receipt of the info and was told by the rep that yes,all info was received and a decision is forthcoming,tomorrow at the latest.
Customer service seems excellent on the phone.Emails can go unanswered. It looks like they sre trying when I speak with them

"Tomorrow" came and went with no notification.Called them again yesterday,and was told they are still working on it,?but the person I was speaking with noticed I live in Canada and asked if I will be able to supply a U.S. address to facilitate the exchange...
I do,but I will ask why I cannot just take it to my bestbuy which has product(but Parrot doesnt ship to Canada? ).All I would need from Parrot is an email I can show the store manager (?) instructing them to do so.
An interesting time of year is nearing with fall colors and harvest,and it would be upsetting to know I was hobbled from capturing it due to Parrots inability to ship to Canada,or Bestbuys nonsensical return policy...

Spoke with Luke in customer service on Friday.Decision is still being determined by technical support.
Asked about getting a letter from Parrot asking Bestbuy to replace it in Canada,due to cost in getting it forwarded from the U.S. and another week or three wasted.Harvest has started and the leaves will be turning soon.At this rate I will miss both.
He once again mentioned Bestbuys "30 day unopened box" return policy,which I am quite aware of,but put a note in my file asking anyway.
I wonder if the U.S. support is based in the U.S. but forwards everything to France?There seems to be a lot of emails between departments.And they must have a PILE of claims with few staff.

Here is a little more advice dealing with Parrot. The number you call is just a call center. The have no clue other then what's on their cue cards. Call again and have them get a manager to call you back. Even those people have no idea what's going on from my experience but at least they have better connections to get things moving faster.
Good luck bud

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow