Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Newbie & recommended accessories/books & tips!

Leafley

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm Lee and all new to the forum and Drones!

I've just got a Anafi & spare battery (plus case, feet, leads & motor covers) and slon it a couple of times so far!

Looking for any tips, recommended accessories or books/mags please.

Hope to be able to contribute back at some point in the future once I have mastered the controls :)

Lee

I found this site to be helpful: Drone training series part 3 – Flying and training exercises | Propwashed

Learn from the beginning to fly slowly and precisely before you start zooming around.....(oh, OK, you get to do a little zooming around in a nice big grassy field.) Keep the drone within 100 yards (LOS) until you can fly accurately with first person view. Practice, practice, practice. :)

Don't take the battery below 15% before bringing her back, as one new pilot here just found out to his distress.

Reactions: Leoconti and McAl
@Leafley I am quite new to the Anafi and trying to learn as well but, i found a few videos which might be interesting to you:

Piloting:

Good workflow for better quality videos:

Best practise and aerology when flying in mountains and at high altitude in general:

The videos from Paladrone are in French with good english subtitles, which is a bit of a pain if you do not speak french, but I found the information to be worth the extra effort.

Yeah, I watched those Paladrone ones since I fly in the mountains....good stuff! I've also watched just about every Anafi video I could find over the last 4 months....hundreds of hours worth....good thing I'm retired! :p

Yeah, I watched those Paladrone ones since I fly in the mountains....good stuff! I've also watched just about every Anafi video I could find over the last 4 months....hundreds of hours worth....good thing I'm retired! :p

All time well spent and a good way to enjoy retirement :)

Read the owners manual, start your flying in a wide, open space without any obstacles and keep the drone in camera mode. Make sure you have green GPS lights for the drone and controller before taking off and spend some time getting use to the controls and how the drone response. It will take some time to get use to the opposite control inputs (left and right) when the drone is flying toward you versus away from you but after a while you'll get use to it.

Beyond the things above and those others have mentioned don't be in a rush to do anything...and have fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem