Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

no connection Anafi and controller

DanLins

Reaction score
I've flown my Anafi many times, but due to a number of scheduling problems, I last flew it in early July. Batteries fully charged, know working cabling, but no connection. I tried syncing the drone to the controller, and the drone went solid blue on the LED just like it should. Still no connection. Airplane mode on or off makes no difference. Galaxy Note 8, which I've had for a couple years, and has always worked in the past. Tried different cables, just to rule that out. Still nothing. Latest updates on the controller an Anafi. Phone may have updated without my knowing it.

Arghhh....

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Dan

maybe you should try resets….connect skycontroller 3 and phone(no drone),when freeflight 6 opens hit controller icon in upper right corner,in next screen hit Reset,go back,turn On Anafi,see if it connects(i assumed that uou tried to take off without your phone and it didnt work…if you didnt try then maybe you should…if you can take off with sc3 and anafi connected but no camera view in phone than there is issue with the phone,try reinstalling freeflight 6

Reactions: Etiene1974%
There is some connection between the phone and the controller, since I could hit the RTH button and the Anafi would leap into the air. I've now deleted the app on the phone, reinstalled it, and will try connecting it again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Dan

After reinstalling Freeflight 6, upon firing it up, it goes to the My Parrot page and wants me to log in, but says I'm not connected to the internet. Hmmm, I get texts, emails and and surf the web, but I'm not connected to the internet? Weird. My wifi is connected, for sure. It's been a few years since I went through all this the first time, so bear with me. Some small step I'm missing somewhere.....

Dan

What tests? I have no connection with the controller. 3rd cable now tested, same result. No network SSID showing up in FF6.

What tests? I have no connection with the controller. 3rd cable now tested, same result. No network SSID showing up in FF6.
1.take anafi and controller outside,turn on controller on,turn on anafi,(no phone),do you get blue light in controller,if yes,press take off button,if anafi takes off your anafi and your controller are fine.If anafi doesnt take off then you know that you have issue with controller and not with phone
2.if anafi takes off with controller you can go with next step,testing phone and controller,you can try different phone or tablets by connecting to controller only,it should trigger freeflight6 to open,there are some cases where usb port in controller got damaged and people had to get new controllers but before we go there you should try testing different phones/tablets…..

Thanks for the clarification. Ok, it takes off without the phone connected, using the controller. So, using either my Note 8 or my new Tab S6, the Network settings in FF6 are grayed out, so I can't put anything in the SSID or PW slots. Tried different cables also, no go.

Sounds like the controller maybe shot? hmmm......

Dan

Thanks for the clarification. Ok, it takes off without the phone connected, using the controller. So, using either my Note 8 or my new Tab S6, the Network settings in FF6 are grayed out, so I can't put anything in the SSID or PW slots. Tried different cables also, no go.

Sounds like the controller maybe shot? hmmm......

Dan
thats normal,if drone is not connected it will show all gray in Network Setting…so,when you connect controller to phone,does it trigger freeflight 6 app…..if yes your controller is fine…..if yes,hook up tabs6 to controller,turn off all other phones/tablets you used to connect to anafi,hit green controller icon in upper right corner,hit Connect,hit Enter Wifi Password in lower right corner,in next screen turn on your drone,it should show up in List,hit it and proceed with password(worth trying even though your controller already connects to anafi)
note:if your tab s6 is not opening freeflight6 app when you connect controller to phone then its probably usb port in sc3…..if your have another phone around you try it out before getting new sc3(used sc3 on ebay is around 50-60 bucks)

Connecting the controller to either the tablet or my Note 8 does not initiate FF6. I'm unable to get the controller to recognize the tablet/phone. I can connect to the drone after it initiates, via wifi on my phone or tablet, but of course it always says "internet may not be available". Unable to ever get to a "Connect" icon anywhere in FF6.

I checked the larger USB port on the controller for crud or bent pins, nada.

I do appreciate all of your responses. Thanks for taking time to try to get me through this.

Dan

Connecting the controller to either the tablet or my Note 8 does not initiate FF6. I'm unable to get the controller to recognize the tablet/phone. I can connect to the drone after it initiates, via wifi on my phone or tablet, but of course it always says "internet may not be available". Unable to ever get to a "Connect" icon anywhere in FF6.

I checked the larger USB port on the controller for crud or bent pins, nada.

I do appreciate all of your responses. Thanks for taking time to try to get me through this.

Dan
Getting closer! After firing up the drone and logging into the Anafi wifi on my phone, I am able to take off using my phone only, but it reports, "autonomous flights are unavailable". I can land safely, but that is all. It really is starting to appear that my controller has gone south on me. I removed the back of it, inspected it for any faulty connections or wiring problems, but did not spot anything. When fired up the controller just sits there slow blinking white LED.

Dan

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011-132954_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011-132954_FreeFlight 6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
open controller and check usb port,see if all pins are attached to board….use magnifying glass(or glasses)

Reactions: BRC
Hey Dan,
If the usb port looks ok you may want to try the following SC3 troubleshooting found at Support FAQ ANAFI | Parrot

A factory reset procedure is available for the Skycontroller 3:
1. Press and hold down simultaneously the Shutter, Optics reset, and Take-off / landing buttons.
2. After 10 seconds, the LED of the Skycontroller 3 blinks quickly in white.
3. Hold the same 3 buttons down for 5 more seconds (15 seconds in total) to complete a factory reset and reboot.

Then pair your drone to controller using cable
1. Power your ANAFI series drone on.
2. Open the Parrot Skycontroller 3 to power it on.
3. Plug the drone and the controller together with an USB-A (controller) to USB-C (drone) cable.
4. The LED of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 flashes briefly in green: it is acknowledging your ANAFI series drone.
5. Wait for synchronization between Parrot Skycontroller 3 and your ANAFI series drone (steady dark blue LED on the controller): check that the left trigger of the Parrot Skycontroller 3 activates the drone’s gimbal to ensure the synch is complete.

What do I do if my Parrot Skycontroller 3 does not synch with my device?
Try connecting your device to your ANAFI series drone’s Wi-Fi network and open FreeFlight 6.
If your device does not connect to your drone, try uninstalling FreeFlight 6 and reinstalling it (WARNING: if you use an iOS terminal, remember to save your FreeFlight 6 media on your device or on a computer, as uninstalling FreeFlight 6 will delete all your media).
When your device and drone are connected, plug your device to your Parrot Skycontroller 3.
After less than a minute, the full ecosystem connection (FreeFlight 6 on the device, Parrot Skycontroller 3, ANAFI series drone) should be restored.
If the full connection is not restored, contact Parrot Support as your Parrot Skycontroller 3’s USB-A connector is probably damaged.

Best of luck

Skydreamer was correct: the USB port broke away from the board. Noticeable only using magnification. The real problem now is the fact that when it broke away, the 2 center pads (data) pulled off the copper pads on the board, and left only VERY tiny places to solder wires to. I'm talking 0.025" wide! Beyond my soldering expertise level. Se photos. The 1st shows the USB port, but it is hard to see the actual separation, so I inserted a piece of paper between the pads and the USB board in the second. UGH.

If any of you know of someone who would be willing to sell me an otherwise broken or unused controller, please le me know. Or possibly someone with serious micro soldering expertise.

View attachment 6139CM221013-110104001.jpgCM221013-110132002.jpg

like i said,ebay has used working sc3 controllers for a 50 bucks, this is type of cable i use,i have cable for android phone and ipad,90degree usb A to usb C and 90degree usb A to Ios,less pressure on sc3 usb port,less chance pins will brake…..btw,first time i heard about usb ports breaking i took my sc3 appart and hotglued pins and around port…that thing is not moving…👍

Reactions: BRC
Ok, thanks for all the help here. I did not know this is a fairly common weakness. I ordered the cable Skydreamer mentioned, and bought a used controller from eBay for $52, including shipping. 1st thing I'm gonna do is take off the back and hot glue the USB port so that it cannot break free.

Dan

Reactions: Skydreamer
I designed and 3D printed a combined phone support and USB connection protector as I was worried about damaging the USB port.

Reactions: Skydreamer and BRC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame