Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No elevation with settings on max in sport mode

djookenfold

Reaction score
In sport mode, settings to max, Max Inclination / Inclination speed / Vertical speed , the Anafi does not appear to climb when at full forward speed, only when reducing forward speed on the stick does it start to gain height?. Is this a normal trait, being new to drones I thought i'd ask the question. thanks for any advise.

Yes that is normal. If you think about it in full forward flight the drone is tilted. This means that the thrust from the motors is split between a vertical and a horizontal component. If the tilt is say 45 degrees then half of the thrust is propelling the drone forward and the other half is trying to fight gravity and keep it in the air. That component may only be just enough to allow it to maintain altitude. As you slow down the forward flight the vertical component of thrust will increase and the drone will be able to climb.

Yes that is normal. If you think about it in full forward flight the drone is tilted. This means that the thrust from the motors is split between a vertical and a horizontal component. If the tilt is say 45 degrees then half of the thrust is propelling the drone forward and the other half is trying to fight gravity and keep it in the air. That component may only be just enough to allow it to maintain altitude. As you slow down the forward flight the vertical component of thrust will increase and the drone will be able to climb.
Thanks for clarifying. Not a speed setting i would normal need to use but knowing this I will be keeping it in mind. Glad i was flying in an open space ( as recommend) before I tested it out :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood