Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

No gps on controller

Dan maddawg

Reaction score
Hi I am new to Parrot drones and have a tech question.Why when in the app does my little drone box on top turns the gps green, but the controller box the gps stays red?My drone is parrot anafi thermal.

the Controller uses the phone's GPS... it doesn't have gps built into it....enable GPS or location on your phone first..

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The controller (RC) has no GPS but your phone or tablet does or should have. Make sure it is enabled in your options on the phone\tablet.

am pretty fly for an old guy....LOL... am just pretty slow in replying though :):):cool:

I have the very same issue and now on my second Anafi after the first one had a software failure. So the drone is picking up 18 to 22 satellites and all good.
The wifi is good.
The location on my iphone is on
Airplane mode is on.

Drone had good GPS reception but the controller had no GPS, therefore I cannot use the Follow me or Smart dronies features.

Any ideas on how to remedy this please? Thank you

I have the very same issue and now on my second Anafi after the first one had a software failure. So the drone is picking up 18 to 22 satellites and all good.
The wifi is good.
Airplane mode is on.

Drone had good GPS reception but the controller had no GPS, therefore I cannot use the Follow me or Smart dronies features.

What kind of mobile OS platform in using? If yours is Android, do you have to allow the FF6 apps for accessing the GPS data from your mobile??

The wifi is good.
Airplane mode is on.

Go back to the 3rd post.

Hello,

I have a parrot anafi thermal, sky controller 3 and an iPhone11 and a Samsung a50 android, the software I use on the phones are the latest, the iPhone software works, the android one doesn’t so for now I’m just trying to use the iPhone 11(which was downloaded from the App Store)

1. If I use the controller 3 with my iPhone connected, do I have to put the phone in airplane mode?

2. The android software was downloaded from a thread (quite a large thread actually)2on parrotpilots (a user modded version) as it isn’t available from the play store, when I start the software I get an error when it starts up saying something like error syncing data?

Any ideas how to solve both, I’m a dji man normally, I have two dji 3’s and mini 3, a spark and now a parrot anafi thermal.

I bought the anafi thermal and wanted to get into roof inspections etc. it was a spares and repair with the thermal not working, a missing white thermal camera cover(which I can find a replacement anywhere, even a 3d printed one), cracked battery casing and downward camera error and gps problems. I’ve fixed most but gps fails to get any satellites and when it says ready to fly Hoover button doesn’t work.

I’ve tried to look for a manual of how to fly but can’t find one as not really sure what to look for.

Hope you guys can help me.

Gary

Hello,

I have a parrot anafi thermal, sky controller 3 and an iPhone11 and a Samsung a50 android, the software I use on the phones are the latest, the iPhone software works, the android one doesn’t
Why wouldnt the latest android work with FF6, The playstore says it will work with android 7 and up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood