Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nvidia shield will not connect

josalsam

Reaction score
I have just acquired this drone and still finding out how to use it. I have the iphone 6 plus connected without any problem, all works well.

I have tried to connect my nvidia shield without success. It has the latest firmware etc and connects to the internet. I have downloaded and installed freeflight 2. Going through the same startup as the Iphone, i turn on the drone, wait a couple of minutes for it to go through startup, start the controller and then plug in the tablet. Nothing happens, if I manually open the freeflight app and try to connect it goes to the wifi settings in the tablet, the drone shows as does the internet modem. I have tried all the different startup procedures on you tube etc, none of them works. When I am using the iphone the app starts when you connect to the controller. Its most probably something simple that I am doing wrong, can anyone help please.

Since iPhones and Android devices use different types of USB cables I wonder if your Andriod (nvidia shield ) cable is bad and not allowing connection?

Since iPhones and Android devices use different types of USB cables I wonder if your Andriod (nvidia shield ) cable is bad and not allowing connection?
Hi Augustine
Yes I am aware they are different cables, saying that, suppose it could be possible the nvidia cable could be faulty even though it charges okay. I will try and find another cable to try. Just an extra, freeflight tells me I have no internet connection even though the shield is connected to my hub wifi

Well I don not own a nvidia shield but I just did a search here on the forums and it seems people do have problems connecting with the nvidia shield. It seems a hit or miss type of problem. Hopefully someone that is using one will come along and give you some more ideas to try.

Great
I also moderate on the Autelpilot's forum, the one thing that seems to come up a lot with the Nvidia shield is it has no google maps. Have you found this also?

Great
I also moderate on the Autelpilot's forum, the one thing that seems to come up a lot with the Nvidia shield is it has no google maps. Have you found this also?
I haven't really looked as I have been using the shield as a monitor for my indoor security cameras, my wife has Advanced Huntington's disease and I have to keep an eye on the carers when they come. Tomorrow when all is quiet I will have a look and see what I can do, is it just google maps or Google Earth.

Not sure, all I know there are a few videos out about the problem on Youtube. I think Captaindrone made one about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut