Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

One reason why I will not buy the largest capacity memory cards in the future!

Drbgaijin

Reaction score
Website
www.gaijin-eyes.com
Simply put, the larger the memory card in the Anafi, the more previous flights you can possibly loose in case of a lost drone!

I use 64GB cards and have no plans of going to 128GB or even larger, if they can be used in the future.
Just imagine, 128 GB gradually filling up over a few days at an exotic location. Then on the last flight of that trip, my Anafi drops into the ocean. Gone forever with all that unique footage.
With 64GB cards, I would at least have half of my footage safe on that final day.
In fact I am considering moving down a notch to 32GB cards.

Just a thought for Anafi pilots out there.
Regards
Douglas

I do try to download the videos every day for that exact reason, although I may leave them on the 64 Gig sd card after doing that. I don't think I've ever gone beyond 10 Gigs so far. However, I'm shooting in only 1080p at present due to older laptop performance, so in the future I may shoot in 4K and would need that amount of storage. That's still a couple of days worth.

Simply put, the larger the memory card in the Anafi, the more previous flights you can possibly loose in case of a lost drone!

I use 64GB cards and have no plans of going to 128GB or even larger, if they can be used in the future.
Just imagine, 128 GB gradually filling up over a few days at an exotic location. Then on the last flight of that trip, my Anafi drops into the ocean. Gone forever with all that unique footage.
With 64GB cards, I would at least have half of my footage safe on that final day.
In fact I am considering moving down a notch to 32GB cards.

Just a thought for Anafi pilots out there.
Regards
Douglas

What happened? You suddenly lost the control for no reason?

I have a 256 Gb (Samsung) card installed in my new Anafi .. seems to working well. Just have to test it full an do a long flight with it ...

I use a 32 gig card 90 percent of the time. Not once have I filled it up. I see no reason to use a large card that costs 5 times more then the smaller ones and lose it to a unexpected crash that you cannot retrieve. Its bad enough losing the Anafi but then you add in the cost of those large cards and it makes it even more painful.
Buy two or three smaller ones and change them out during your battery changes. This way you still have what you have recorded up until then. To me this is a no-brainer .

:) I did not loose the Anafi in the ocean. If you look at my email you will see I started the sentence with, "Just imagine......"
Regards
Douglas
LOl, fail xD.

Anyway i even use the 16Gb card which was in the bundle. I record in 2.7K. 4K is an overkill fo rmy use. It is sufficient to record with two batteries before goes full.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut