Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Pano Work Flow?

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but can anyone cliff note the steps to stitching a Pano together? All I can find is that you have to extract Pano images and then reload them onto phone running the FF6 app and then access in Gallery of FF6..is the stitching automated? How many shots does it need to stitch a Pano? How do i know which shots to upload to stitch together the pano, as I had shot about 40 images and couldn't remember which ones are Pano and which ones aren't...seems very un-user friendly/intuitive to me but what do i know? Also i do have Lightroom CC but not sure how to stitch in there or even if you can...

Apologies if this has already been addressed, but can anyone cliff note the steps to stitching a Pano together? All I can find is that you have to extract Pano images and then reload them onto phone running the FF6 app and then access in Gallery of FF6..is the stitching automated? How many shots does it need to stitch a Pano? How do i know which shots to upload to stitch together the pano, as I had shot about 40 images and couldn't remember which ones are Pano and which ones aren't...seems very un-user friendly/intuitive to me but what do i know? Also i do have Lightroom CC but not sure how to stitch in there or even if you can...
The application will do it. Probably that issue is that you're trying to do it on your phone's memory. If you go to the gallery within the app, in the top you can choose from SD Card and Local. Choose the first one, then look for the panorama icon. Click the image with the panorama icon, and choose whichever quality you'd like. The pictures will get transferred to the phone automatically, so no need to copy them beforehand.

In case it helps, I'll share my experience of creating horizontal panoramas with the Anafi .... usually the results from the app are good and very impressive. From the 10 shots it takes, I use the higher of the two qualities for pano creation and end up with an 8000 x 4000 pixel panorama.

On a few occasions, the end result has been a mess.... like a whole segment was missing or the alignment is just not right. Trying to create it again in the app from the same 10 pics will give identical results. But don't give up .... send the 10 shots to an external program instead (I have used Photoshop Elements) and it's very likely it will make a very good job of it. Also, the ones I have made in PS Elements end up quite a bit larger, more like 12000 x 5800 after cropping the edges. Conversely, a couple of panos that FF6 did perfectly, I also fired into PS Elements, and it couldn't merge the images and made a mess of it. So, do try other programs if FF6 doesn't create a good result.

I’m not sure what you are doing but the Anafi for me works ridiculously well making full 360 panoramic photos. If you pick a subject with enough detail, the photos taken are automatically stitched via the app. I always land and make them on the spot by downloading the pictures into the gallery and then guiding the app for the type I want. I often times keep some of the generated photos as singles in my Google photos as it will with an Android device, put all the single photos plus the rendered pano in your photos folder.

Here is an example of an app generated image. Be sure to animate it by clicking on the swoop in the top right corner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
My workflow is downloading the images, color correct them in Lightroom, stitch them in Kolor Autopano Giga, resize them and inject 360 metadata with Exif Fixer for use on Facebook.
Out of the drone stitching works but the colors and specially the lightbalance is very bad that way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut