Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi 2 - 30th June---Anafi USA livestream €7.000 / $7.000

ekkostar

Reaction score
Looks like a New Parrot Anafi 2 to be announced 30th June

a9eda85d-387e-4f55-adca-86db8c1c1ad9.jpg

Last edited:
Looking at these:

The announcement play right into the distrust that parts of the United States government have towards Chinese made drones such as the ones from DJI. It reads:

DON’T TRUST IN CHINESE DRONES
Can anyone tell the US-government a little detail?
18631-jpg.4313

Data.gif

Yes, I did see this:
The new Anafi drone will be made in the United States, according to information that we have received.

It's mentioned in the article they will also be launching a Consumer model.

I'm not sure who the PR agency is but that slogan is probably not the right way to go about it. They should focus on their products key strengths. Not a negative campaign attacking a competitor.

Reactions: MustangPhil
I have my money waiting. I was nearly tempted to go the Air2 route, but as soon as I saw this announcement the other week, I pulled back. Would rather go Parrot than DJI.

Yes a pretty poor taste marketing campaign. As the guy commented, I cannot believe in the current climate, they would use words like this...... Could cause them some real pain if they end up getting boycotted by reviewers.

Reactions: MustangPhil
I‘m sure it’s not racism, that’s just ‘bad taste marketing’...

The guy in charge of the marketing department must be a young arrogant that stayed contained to long with his geek friends during the pandemic episode.

They changed the sentence for ‘Do you trust DJI...’ which is less agressive but still bad taste...

Hope the big boss that seems to be a wise man, will be careful next time...
(why not to communicate around a ‘respectful and open drone’ or something in the style, Anyone in the business would understand...)

The drone is probably going to be very capable but given marketing makes or breaks a product this has played right into DJI's hands.

Not sure what Parrot are thinking to launch with such a silly launch campaign. They will be getting a torrent of abuse long before the 30th now. It's tarnished the product long before it's even launched.

If we call this phrase "racism", then the contents is not new: the US armee wanted to get rescue/surveillance drones from Parrot, because the USA doesn't trust Chinese drones (official statement).
So the actual upset is kind of artificial.

Reactions: Mr.F and Skydreamer
The US government or army can take that stand as they are the clients and customers. That's upto them who they buy from and the reasons why.

It's not really for a manufacturer to be making such a statement though. Let alone basing a launch campaign off that. Aside from the irony and bad taste it will probably come back to bite them in many other ways.

People in glass houses shouldn't really throw stones.

@ekkostar : At least, what I like in this forum, is the fact we learn new expressions (I didn’t know this one and had to check in WikiPedia ) :

"Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones" is a proverb used in several European countries. It means that "One who is vulnerable to criticism regarding a certain issue should not criticize others about the same issue."

That’s true !

We also have one in France about being unnecessary agressive :

« Qui sème le vent, récolte la tempête »
And this expression seems to exist in English... I found « sow the wind, reap the whirlwind »

This new drone must be really good and without any part made in China, or it might be a problem for Parrot !
... just wait and see

Reactions: ekkostar
Just to understand:
Who develops a product in France and let it build in China for cost reasons ("glass house") may not say "don't trust Chinese drones" (throwing stones)?
... weird logic ...

From all the leaked info out there this new UAV will be built in the USA with a partner company from the USA. So all parts will be USA made with USA employees. This is what I take away from all the leaked info. It would seem Parrot wants to start a new line based on all USA guide lines, distancing themselves from China. We will just have to see if this is true.

Yes a pretty poor taste marketing campaign. As the guy commented, I cannot believe in the current climate, they would use words like this...... Could cause them some real pain if they end up getting boycotted by reviewers.
I can even imagine, that it is/was the price for the military contract!
But I have a strong imagination!
;-)

From all the leaked info out there this new UAV will be built in the USA with a partner company from the USA. So all parts will be USA made with USA employees. This is what I take away from all the leaked info. It would seem Parrot wants to start a new line based on all USA guide lines, distancing themselves from China. We will just have to see if this is true.

I see statements like this and reality is BS - in 20 years of design and manufacturing, yet to meet any US based manufacturers of passive components (e.g. Resistors / Capacitors / etc), and this is the same with silicon, there are no manufacturers of transistors / diodes / or complex IC in the US anymore. Even the Sony image sensors are made in Chinese factories, as well all the TDK sensors, uBlox GPS chips, etc, etc.....

Some of the semiconductors I use the manufacturer has parallel lines running in Taiwan and China, making the same device - so you could possible ask them only for Taiwan made devices rather than the Chinese ones.

Reality is 100% of the parts used in the drone will be made with components from China / Taiwan / Vietnam.

That statement would be believable if they said assembled in the USA rather than made in the USA.

They should issue one of them car sticker things that are mandatory on cars sold in the US where they show component origins based on % make up in the car :)

For the Anafi it would look like this 80% China, 15% Taiwan, 4.9% Vietnam, and 0.1% USA

Everyone is wrong! The U.S. government is not having trouble with Chinese parts, but with the software that comes with the drone! According to them, it sends data to China, to the servers there. Obviously it's not the sensor, nor the motor controller, especially the battery, that collects data on its own ... I don't even understand why the video maker shows that the Anafi was made in China? Parrot's software was written by the French and is trusted by the US government. It doesn't matter where the "hardware" is made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem