Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi dropped from sky

hunter22

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just had a parrot anafi drop from sky experience. I was flying at abt 5 to 10m when it suddenly spiraled out of control and crashed onto the grass. The front right propeller blades have completely broken off. Firmware version is 1.6.8

I suspect that the front right propellers suddenly stoppped working which cause the spiral to happen. But for the life of me I can't figure out why ☹️

Any ideas anyone?

I've an open request by Parrot, about an error message at all 4 enf0ginesafter manuell landing (maybe could be happen during flight???)
I've received only again and again stupid questions, send a video, send the paper of purchase....send as picture of.....
F...Support...does they have get the order to reduce any question or warranty? I've wrote that is no warranty case, I want only an expert statement...nothing only crappie answered

That's a possibility too. But what could cause it to break off?

Many of us have had props break in flight. Unfortunately they are not all that strong and should be changed every so often. My first Anafi had a prop break which caused it to fly uncontrollable into the forest not to be found till the next summer. Its very common for the props to snap at the hub. It is not common to have them both snap though.

I had one of mine snap off, but I wouldn't classify it as a 'fall from the sky' (FFTS). One broke, I landed it, then the next flight I flew for one minute, brought it in, inspected the other props and 2 had cracks. I changed them all. This tells me that props are just as fragile as the look. Inspect often and replace when under ANY doubt.

I had the same experience. New props. Fortunately I was only about 6 feet above some brush. Sent report to our buddies and they said it was caused by a broken propeller. No other damage so was lucky.

Hi guys, I just had a parrot anafi drop from sky experience. I was flying at abt 5 to 10m when it suddenly spiraled out of control and crashed onto the grass. The front right propeller blades have completely broken off. Firmware version is 1.6.8

I suspect that the front right propellers suddenly stoppped working which cause the spiral to happen. But for the life of me I can't figure out why ☹️

Any ideas anyone?
I was watching my Anafi fly at about 1 meter high to see if it flew correctly after having dropped out of the sky from about 98ft. What I observed was this... I saw a blades just break off and then the anafi lost control and crashed to the ground. When it dropped out off the sky at 98ft, I did recover the one blade that was missing and it was in perfect condition except for the base that was split and had broken off. I think the blades were faulty and broke off at the base. These were blades I bought on Amazon for about $10 for a pack of 8. I also noticed that these particular blades fit more snuggly than the more expensive blades. So I think some blades are faulty and not sturdy enough to withstand multiple flights!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut