Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot ANAFI Emergency Landing

hunter22

Reaction score
Hi! I was flying my parrot Anafi and preparing to land at 22% battery hovering at 1m, when it suddenly showed critical battery and next thing I know, “emergency landing” and it landing on the spot. The battery percentage was at 17% after it landed.

I’m on version 1.6.8 of the parrot Anafi. I found it very weird that it'd just emergency landing at 22%, even when it was just 1m hovering above the landing spot.

Any ideas anyone? ?

Hi! I was flying my parrot Anafi and preparing to land at 22% battery hovering at 1m, when it suddenly showed critical battery and next thing I know, “emergency landing” and it landing on the spot. The battery percentage was at 17% after it landed.

I’m on version 1.6.8 of the parrot Anafi. I found it very weird that it'd just emergency landing at 22%, even when it was just 1m hovering above the landing spot.

Any ideas anyone? ?

I also experienced the same problem with my drone where it was at 24% and it emergency landed. Any experts out there can advise on this?

Hi! I was flying my parrot Anafi and preparing to land at 22% battery hovering at 1m, when it suddenly showed critical battery and next thing I know, “emergency landing” and it landing on the spot.
[...]
You were lucky!
1m nothing happened.
Have that in 30m height, it might end in a rising to a fall "landing"

No tip, how to prevent that. Perhaps with a new battery it will work better?

Reactions: dashSolo
Hi...hook up battery to anafi,start anfi,in freeflight6 hit drone icon in upper center of screen,in next screen scroll down to Maximum Battery Capacity.....what is the percentage??

Hi...hook up battery to anafi,start anfi,in freeflight6 hit drone icon in upper center of screen,in next screen scroll down to Maximum Battery Capacity.....what is the percentage??
Sorry, that is also not tellin anything!
Just a couple of days before my bird "autolanded" from 30 meters, falling from 15, I did check on that. All batteries did have over 91%.
But: This value is "wobbly": The one day it says 91%, the other it says 95%
Anyway, i would expect the firmware of the bird to work with that 91% as 100%
Intelligent batteries they called, the CPU of the bird should be able to work with that!
My one fell with 20%.

You shouldn't have started a new thread in this same case:
I also answered here:
Only common if you are running fresh firmware!
There are many of us who haven’t upgraded from 1.6.3 because there have been battery shutdown issues since then.

I went to test mine yesterday and it states 77% even after I fully charge the thing, does this mean that the battery is not holding enough charge? Its being less than 1 year of me using this battery.

If your battery only has 76% total capacity then I would say your battery is pretty much done and ready for recycle. If you want some pretty dull reading you can look over this site that might help you understand Lithium batteries better.

I went to test mine yesterday and it states 77% even after I fully charge the thing, does this mean that the battery is not holding enough charge? Its being less than 1 year of me using this battery.
That is so scary! How come the maximum battery capacity can drop to so low in less than a year!

Be suspect of any battery that makes your drone auto/emergency land at over 20%.

I have now had an Anafi and Anafi Thermal fall from the sky for no reason. But on both drops it was with a battery that had in the past after the ill fated battery update made the drone do a forced emergency landing.
Can I prove or say that this is the reason for my crashes? No, not at all. But it is something I noticed when reviewing my Flight Logs for any clue as to if batteries or other factors had to do with my crashes.

My last crash with the regular Anafi happened the day after the drone did a forced landing. I was doing a test/inspection flight in my living room with the suspect battery when at around 20% (If I remember correctly) all power was lost and the drone dropped like a rock.

[...]

My last crash with the regular Anafi happened the day after the drone did a forced landing. I was doing a test/inspection flight in my living room with the suspect battery when at around 20% (If I remember correctly) all power was lost and the drone dropped like a rock.
In my opinion, the fw of the bird is not smart enough, to handle the information of the "not so smart, it seems, batteries".
Just my2c

Reactions: d95gas

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caddyb0y