Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi SD Card Malfunction Messages Every time I fly

crpilot

Reaction score
Hello, Maybe someone has some insight into this problem. For at least the last 4 or 5 times that I have flown, I will eventually get a red message "SD Card Malfunction" warning not error Malfunction. This has been happening every flight with the last for or five times. with different compatible cards. Today it cost me important footage. My fear is that there is something up with the sd holder which is in great like-new condition. I'm thinking that the card is moving in the slots while flying. Has anyone else had these issues. This is definitely bad engineering. Thanks for your thoughts.

Card is a PNY 32 GIG but i use several cards including this one prior to the in-flight malfunctions and never had any issues.

Last edited:
If you think it is the card moving in the slot.... add a little tape to the top of the sd card to make it a tighter fit. Then see if you get the same message. You can also try cleaning the contacts.

If they doesn't work and its not under warranty then you will probably have to open the drone and try to seat the other end of the ribbon cable better.

If you think it is the card moving in the slot.... add a little tape to the top of the sd card to make it a tighter fit. Then see if you get the same message. You can also try cleaning the contacts.

If they doesn't work and its not under warranty then you will probably have to open the drone and try to seat the other end of the ribbon cable better.
I'll try those recommendations, maybe some Alcohol would do the trick. I am hoping that I do not have to open this thing up. By the way only happens when I'm in flight.

Mine did the same I put a square of Clear selotapeover the top of the SD card holder after making sure the card holder was locked. Not had a problem since.
My videos were getting broken up since the tape no problem.

Mine did the same I put a square of Clear selotapeover the top of the SD card holder after making sure the card holder was locked. Not had a problem since.
My videos were getting broken up since the tape no problem.
Thanks for the recommendation. If i understand on the top to hold down that cardholder contraption? This sd cardholder contraption is the weakest point in this drone from what I have experienced.

Thanks for the recommendation. If i understand on the top to hold down that cardholder contraption? This sd cardholder contraption is the weakest point in this drone from what I have experienced.
too true, no problems since selotape fix. to be honest its not the best design.

This was the reply from parrot tech support below
Can someone shed some light on what a hard reset will do to my Anafi? Thanks

Thank you for contacting Parrot.

Kindly try to Hard Reset the drone:
Turn on the drone and wait for the initial check up to finish.
Press and hold on the power button until the LED lights on the battery turn Red.
Wait for the drone to restart.
Below is the compatible SD cards list:
Lexar :
Lexar 300X 64GB
Lexar Pro 1000x 64GB
Lexar Pro 1800x 64GB
PNY :
PNY Elite Performance 64GB
PNY Elite Performance 128GB
PNY Turbo 32GB
PNY Turbo 64GB
Sandisk :
Sandisk Extreme 32GB
Sandisk Extreme 64GB
Sandisk Extreme 128GB
Sandisk Extreme Plus 16GB
Sandisk Extreme Plus 64GB
Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB
Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB
Sandisk Industrial 16GB (Included with Anafi)
Sandisk Ultra 32GB
Sandisk Ultra 64GB
Sandisk Ultra 128GB
Sandisk Ultra 200GB
Sandisk Ultra 256GB
Sandisk Ultra 400GB
Sony :
Sony SR UZA 128GB
Also, please make sure that the SD card is formatted to FAT 32 before using it with the drone.

In case you are using a Windows 10 computer/Laptop, you'll need to install a third-party tool to format the SD card to FAT 32.

Hard reset will not do anything to your drone but reset the firmware inside the drone. It does not rollback to earlier versions. You will have to level the camera again in software if you have one that has a tilted horizon.

My experience is that the hard reset rarely makes a difference but it also doesn't hurt to try it.

Hard reset will not do anything to your drone but reset the firmware inside the drone. It does not rollback to earlier versions. You will have to level the camera again in software if you have one that has a tilted horizon.

My experience is that the hard reset rarely makes a difference but it also doesn't hurt to try it.
Thanks, you mentioned that the firmware in the drone will be reset if so I presume that I will have to update it when the reset is done. Is that correct? My Anafi is currently on the latest version of everything. Will it ask for an update after the reset? Also, I am noticing tilting horizons I was working on footage yesterday from the last few days and notice that it was not level auto-calibrate does not fix it.

No update will be needed.... it just resets the firmware but does not roll back the firmware to an earlier state.

The tilted horizon is corrected in camera calibration.... but do it after the reset.

Maybe kicking in a open door here...

But there is no reason to remove SD-card since you can download your content via the USB-C connector on the battery.
Anafi crates a diskdrive on your computer (as a regular USB-memory). Drone has to be turned on whiled downloading.
I have never removed my SDcard since my first install.

Maybe kicking in a open door here...

But there is no reason to remove SD-card since you can download your content via the USB-C connector on the battery.
Anafi crates a diskdrive on your computer (as a regular USB-memory). Drone has to be turned on whiled downloading.
I have never removed my SDcard since my first install.

Hello, I tried that procedure once and it took extra long to download all the files, too long in my opinion. So my practice is to remove the sd card and I am very careful when doing so.

The hard reset appeared to do nothing, I did a gimble recalibrate after the same result a very slight tilt with straight lines but I guess I will know for sure until the next time I take it out if this resolved the sd card issue and tilting horizon.

Okay so here is what Parrot support said and this was the help I got. I don't by it. That's my opinion maybe possible could be but that's an easy out for them. That is how I take it

Kindly note that the SD card issue can be caused by the drone tipping from 2 feet high.

I would recommend referring to your preferred third-party repair shop to check the drone.

What do you consider a crash? My Anafi was not crashed. They were looking at one event my Anafi Logs. The app said crashed What happened she tipped out of my hand 12 inched off the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem