Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Anafi USA Crash

JHO

Reaction score
Purchased the ANAFI USA and after flying for about 2-3 minutes at 110ft AGL, a gust of wind took the unit beyond vLOS. The RTH function was activated but the unit crashed somewhere almost 0.75 mile away! The last position was checked an no sign of the drone. When checking flight records via AirData and the Parrot app, there is only one 1second log created at initial launch with the message "Motor Broken" Emergency. Anyone know how I can find the lost logs so that I can try to find the unit before it crashed?

I submitted a warranty claim and noted the issue. Is there a phone number I can call? This is the strangest thing I’ve ever encountered and I fly the Mavic 2 zoom, Mavic 3, and Matrice.

Any of these drones can counter a 20 mph wind gust without literally being blown out of the sky like this.

• Haha
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
Any update on your claim? I am very interested in how Parrot treats customers that have moved onto its Enterprise level aircraft. I am hoping that there is proper support for their more expensive new aircraft.

Any update on your claim? I am very interested in how Parrot treats customers that have moved onto its Enterprise level aircraft. I am hoping that there is proper support for their more expensive new aircraft
Any news?
zero response or acknowledgment from Parrot. Nothing. This is also an Enterprise level drone so I would assume first responders would need support at some point.

I was afraid this was going to be the outcome.
I have had an Anafi and Anafi Thermal since 2019 and I watched as their Customer Support went from responsive to absent.
I really do not see Parrot gaining back the share of the market they lost over the years and it's a shame since they do make good products.

At my real job, we were going to buy a new thermal platform. My chief asked about the Anafi USA, Autel Dual and a Matrice 210 with XT payload.
We ruled out the Anafi USA immediately after I explained my total lack of support on my Anafi Thermal that crashed. I only got it replaced after appealing to Parrot corporate.

I feel for your loss JHO and as far as Public Safety, in New Jersey I do not know of one agency that uses the Anafi USA. Most with any decent budget are using the Matrice 300 RTK.

Reactions: JHO
I was afraid this was going to be the outcome.
I have had an Anafi and Anafi Thermal since 2019 and I watched as their Customer Support went from responsive to absent.
I really do not see Parrot gaining back the share of the market they lost over the years and it's a shame since they do make good products.

At my real job, we were going to buy a new thermal platform. My chief asked about the Anafi USA, Autel Dual and a Matrice 210 with XT payload.
We ruled out the Anafi USA immediately after I explained my total lack of support on my Anafi Thermal that crashed. I only got it replaced after appealing to Parrot corporate.

I feel for your loss JHO and as far as Public Safety, in New Jersey I do not know of one agency that uses the Anafi USA. Most with any decent budget are using the Matrice 300 RTK.
We chose the Anafi USA due to its size and portability but overall the service and support are non existent.

I am a bit disgusted by this. You cannot even contact someone to even report your problem.
Further if you did have a problem and needed to get a repair under warranty you would seem to be out of luck again it seems.

I just cannot see Parrot taking on DJI or Autel. I do get delays in service as currently my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced has a problem with the thermal sensor. I contacted DJI and was told that a representative would contact me but nothing after 2 days.
Delays are I guess part of the whole drone things with COVID added in.

You are getting ghosted on an expensive product and that is just plain wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut