Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot bebop 2 - problem with battery?

laxits21

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm new on this forum. I have parrot bebop 2 and after 1 year break I wanted to use my drone again. Let me explain what is going on.
At the beginning I put propellers on my drone. For sure they are installed correctly in the right direction.
I didnt have any problems charge my battery as well.
After that I connect my drone to sky controller 2 and Freeflight Pro app.
I press button take off, bebop each time it reaches 2 meters in height after a few seconds it falls on the ground.
I can see on the display that battery percentages going down unbelievably fast and reach 0% during 10 sec.
Now I tell you a curiosity
If I remove the propellers and start the drone, it works normally for less than 30 minutes, the engines run all the time to discharge the battery in normal time.
Have you ever had this kind of problem like me?

Have a nice day everybody, I am looking forward to your answer

Because your battery is not using any power when connected to bebop,you have small cooling fan that runs and flashing light,thats all,but when you place propellers and hit take off button thats where battery starts loosing power.....i have 2 bebop2 and about 10 batterys,4 of them are bad at this point...i also changed few bad chargers In last few years.....its rare for charger to get bad....if you have second battery charge it and see if you have same problem but like i said it is mostly battery 99% of time

Because your battery is not using any power when connected to bebop,you have small cooling fan that runs and flashing light,thats all,but when you place propellers and hit take off button thats where battery starts loosing power.....i have 2 bebop2 and about 10 batterys,4 of them are bad at this point...i also changed few bad chargers In last few years.....its rare for charger to get bad....if you have second battery charge it and see if you have same problem but like i said it is mostly battery 99% of time
When propellers are taken off I also hit take off button and engines are working not only cooling fan and flashing red light, the difference is that the drone will simply not fly without propellers, but the energy that consumes the battery is the same because the engines are running

Yes but your bebop is sitting on floor,your motors are not pulling up weight of your bebop...once in the air each motor is running different speed to keep bebop steady,...dont forget ,bebop 2 weights half kilogram(500gram) when in the air,it doesnt weight anything when sitting on the floor...

The motors would only be drawing a small current spinning without the propellers, with the propellers on and spinning to lift the drone, the current draw is increased to lift the drone into the air and to fly.

Your battery is clearly defective.

Mike

I just experienced my first battery problem. Two weeks ago I was flying with a battery that started out about 65% The flight was not planned to be long but when the battery level was below 35% it started dropping rapidly to the point it hit 2% and the Bebop 2 landed automatically. At first I thought it was the wind since it was a bit windy that day. Recovered the drone and it had no damage. (it clipped a tree on its way down)

I use the Ev-Peak DP2 charger which shows the individual battery levels. Yesterday when I was charging the batteries for flying I noticed one battery went from 50% to 90% in a short time then continued charging normally until full and balanced. I marked it with a sharpie since this looked off.

First flight on this battery seemed fine, only used about 40% so on the second flight I noticed the battery level dropping faster then normal. When It got around 28% it dropped fast and the drone landed.

After coming home, putting it in the charger, it said battery was at 42%, huh? So I put the battery back in the drone, launched and let it just hover in my backyard until it ran out of power. Putting it back in my charger to look this is what I saw. Cell 2 is .5 volts lower then the others.

This would explain the quick loss of battery as the weak cell is losing power more rapidly.

Your battery is no doubt worse then this

Mike

Attachments

• 0514201641 (Medium).jpg
    0514201641 (Medium).jpg
    119 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member