Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot charging twice for Flight Plan in their apps!

llhots

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have both a Beebop 2 and, more recently, upgraded to an Anafi.
Overall I have been happy with both of the drones and have benefit greatly from these forums.

I was recently very surprised to discover Parrot's business practice on the FlightPlan and Follow-me add-ons in the app. I purchased both for use with my Bebop. Now, in FreeFlight6, I am asked to buy the same software again. I tried to restore purchases and it didn't work. I wrote Parrot support and their answer, below, is that you need to buy the software again. I don't mind paying for good software, but paying 50$ again, for the same thing, after I purchased another drone from the same company and proved my loyalty as a customer, is just a baffling business practice.

Am I the only one who think this is ridiculous?!

"Please be advised if you bought the flight plan and follow me on the Bebop 2 application Free Flight Pro then it will not be available on the Anafi app Free Flight 6."

I think it's ok to define the in app purchases as separate things for different drones (Bebop 2 and Anafi) and different apps (FF6 and FF pro).

Reactions: zandoli
Flightplan in Free Flight Pro for Bebop2 is $19.99 plus tax in the US

I had to purchase both add-ons for my Anafi twice. First time for my android phone, and than again for my iPhone despite being able to log in into my account. Since they were priced $0.99 each, I did not bother complaining to Parrot. But for $50, I definitely would.

I'm not a computer programmer or app maker by any means, but I would think the software would have to be different for iOS and android, and also for bebop 2 and anafi. I would think that's why you have to buy each time. I don't know. Maybe I'm completely off on my thinking. It does suck to have to keep buying it though.
Fortunately for me, I only use android, and I only have a Bebop 2. I also have never purchased the flight plan in Freeflight Pro. I use AR.Pro3 for my flight plans. It's an alternative flight app for the Bebop 2 that cost $10 and includes flight plan.

The reason you get charged twice going from Android to iOS is Googleplay and Apple Store are two different companies. They each want their share as the selling platform. Parrot only charges a very small fee for these options now on the Anafi so its not a big deal.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

The price has been reduced to $ 1 for each addition because Parrot has estimated the original $ 20 to destroy the Parrot Anafi sales.

If I remember correctly the price was reduced about 3 months after Anafi came on the market. It has nothing to do with having once purchased the package for FreeFlight Pro.

Regards, Leif.

Hi everyone,

In my case, I had to pay twice in IOS. Same phone, same IOS. Just two different apps and 24.99 Canadian each time, for each of Follow me and Flightplan.

So after I bought my Anafi i had to pay 50$ *again*. And I paid 50$ for the Bebop 2.

I really think it’s exaggerated. It has really turned me off, especially because I received a very arrogant answer from customer support saying « it’s two different firmware and applications » so they charge each time. I just don’t believe that they’re that different, and even if they are, Ive already paid my contribution to them once!

So no loyalty discount from Parrot. In fact, à disincentive for people loyal to the company.

Hi everyone,

In my case, I had to pay twice in IOS. Same phone, same IOS. Just two different apps and 24.99 Canadian each time, for each of Follow me and Flightplan. Do, after I bought my Anafi i had to pay 50$ *again*.

I really think it’s exaggerated.

LOL
You got off lucky. When I bought them they were $30.99 Canadian each on July 14th 2018.

They are only $1.59 per item now.

LOL
You got off lucky. When I bought them they were $30.99 Canadian each on July 14th 2018.

They are only $1.59 per item now.

They must be feeling sorry for you guys up in Canada by only charging you $1.59 because they won't ship their products to you. (which is ridiculous)

Incredible. Well good news for all of you who haven’t yet purchased it...
Strange. I checked this morning and it was still 24.99$. They must have jut changed it...

Incredible. Well good news for all of you who haven’t yet purchased it...
Strange. I checked this morning and it was still 24.99$. They must have jut changed it...

Was that price on Google Play Store or Apple Store? Google play has been $1.59 for a very long time now.

Was that price on Google Play Store or Apple Store? Google play has been $1.59 for a very long time now.

I thought this discussion was about the in app purchase of flightplan in Freeflight Pro and Freeflight 6?
I didn't think you could purchase flightplan from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.

I thought this discussion was about the in app purchase of flightplan in Freeflight Pro and Freeflight 6?
I didn't think you could purchase flightplan from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.

When you make your in App purchase it is charged to your GooglePlay Store account or your Apple account. This is why Parrot cannot give you a deal if you have already bought it from one or the other. So yes this is about Google Play Store and Apple (Itunes)
Looking over iTunes I see they do in fact sell Flight Plan at the higher price of $24.99 but Follow me is only $1.39

When you make your in App purchase it is charged to your GooglePlay Store account or your Apple account. This is why Parrot cannot give you a deal if you have already bought it from one or the other. So yes this is about Google Play Store and Apple (Itunes)
Looking over iTunes I see they do in fact sell Flight Plan at the higher price of $24.99 but Follow me is only $1.39

I got ya. You're right. It does go through one of the stores. I looked this morning and for me, in app flightplan was $19.99 plus tax. I also seem to remember reading somewhere on this forum about follow me being free now. In the section right under flightplan in Freeflight Pro, there is follow me. I have follow me, and I know for certain that I did not pay for it.

At FreeFlight 6 Android version, the add-ons are purchased through Google (See Attachments 1). The price in Danish kroner is 8, which corresponds to just over 1USD or just over 1 Euro. The price has been the same low since the day I bought mine add-ons (8 Aug 2018). At the same time. As I remember, the price was also reduced on the additions in FreeFlight 6 to iOS at the same time.

Regards, Leif.

My receipt from Google store at Follow Mee from Parrot. Note the date.

Apologize it is written in Danish but this is how Google speaks/writing in my country. \;-)

Screen clips from Android play store and Freeflight 6 today.

Hmmm, just had the same experience - had a rush of blood to the head and bought an Anafi, which arrived yesterday. I have just downloaded FF6 and was surprised to find that I have to pay again for follow-me and flight plan after I already paid for these for the Bebop 2. I can't help thinking that it's poor marketing by Parrot - I can understand the logic, but it leaves customers feeling a bit cheated, whereas if they had just added $30 to the price of the drone and included flight plan for free everyone would think it was pretty good value...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking