Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot Disco for crop survey & forestry, any actual user experiences? Anyone tried it?

Attached are several photos of the bottom camera mount I have been working on. This will allow you to mount any GoPro style camera or a EVO SS Gimbal. Should work well for mapping , multi spectral or FLIR camera. If you have any other mounting suggestions let me know. Still working on landing guards should be ready for sale on Amazon and Ebay in a few weeks.

Attachments

Very nice mount! I don't see any way to mount landing gear/skids without adding a good bit more drag.

I imagine you haven't flown it with that setup yet, or have you? If so, how bad was the drag and how was the center affected?

Correct no air time yet - Landing skids are very flexible paddles that are mounted under main body attaching to existing screw holes and outboard paddles on each wing about 1/3 from ends very light weight and strong if you could envision a medical tongue depressor mounted with a rearward angle best I can do to describe (about 1 inch by 6 inch now could bring down to .5 x 6 on wings). Center of gravity is totally adjustable over 6 inch range you just slide to estimated position based on estimated CG and tighten clamps. You can mount one or two auxiliary devices front, rear or down facing using Go Pro buckle or I can make custom mount. Current payloads are around 350 (single gopro) to 500 g (with gimbal) . I am sure the 350 g is not going to be a problem that is weight of Parrot Sequia assembly not sure about 500g.

Regarding the drag I also have a partial cowling that help reduce drag on camera mount however it cannot be to high because of camera orientation from down facing to vertical.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320