Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrot MPP3 Anafi FPV 2019 assistance?

Randy Jones

Reaction score
Just a beginner, my mentor suggested Parrot strongly for mapping work, however, I got an FPV, thinking it was simply an additional. However, he says the FPV is NOT suitable for mapping, because the imagery system is actually downgraded in order to send imagery quickly enough to the SC3 viewer. Furthermore, I can not seem to find complete verification even of my model number—and not sure if the specs on the Parrot site actually apply to older models. I'm getting the model "MPP3" off of the box (which I think is the original box), and the year 2019 from reading the serial number as discussed on another thread here (helpful—thanks!). Can anyone clarify these issues?

Cheers!

ok.i guess you are talking about anafi fpv(mpp3 fpv didnt make any sense to me,thats why i asked about pictures…..only difference between anafi and anafi fpv is that anafi fpv came with parrot fpv goggles,thats all

ok.i guess you are talking about anafi fpv(mpp3 fpv didnt make any sense to me,thats why i asked about pictures…..only difference between anafi and anafi fpv is that anafi fpv came with parrot fpv goggles,thats all
Thanks so much for the reply!

Ok, even that tidbit of info helps me! The issue is the imagery quality for mapping, since access to free higher resolution imagery has been cut off for the humanitarian sector. So everyone is (apparently) being forced back to Bing, which was the go-to in 2010. For some current use cases, there is a need for 1pixel = 5cm resolution.

This puts some urgency into developing "reasonably-quickly-deployed" imagery gathering. The approach my mentor is taking is the idea of local teams with some training that are able to access an infrastructure of flight plan architecture that reduces the need for fuller training.

As I admitted, I am just jumping into this (though I did do a bit of humanitarian mapping work in Sierra Leone and Tanzania 6 years ago) so I am not quite solid on the math. Ivan (my mentor) has a model of working in 500m x 500m mission zones at up to 100 or 150m height (dependent upon regulations) and achieving that 1 pixel =5cm resolution in flight paths of 50m wide.

The Anafi I just received (from second hand on EBay) simply says "Anafi", though the box says Anafi FPV, and it definitely has a set of googles! But it does work WITHOUT the googles, sending an image to my iPhone. So perhaps it is acceptable for the use case I need.

Though I must need additional batteries now to consider mapping for a day of flight work. Is a set of 4 batteries even enough, given access to charging?

Much appreciated if you have any further comments or knowledge.

Best Regards,

Randy (Perth Australia currently—originally Canadian from Vancouver)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53