Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Parrots Anafi Release Notes For Last Firmwares

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.5.1, ANAFI V1.5.4, SKYCONTROLLER V1.5.0
Fixes

Fixed an issue when the GPSlapse progress bar would not behave as expected.
Once Anafi is restarted, it will now boot to the photo mode last used instead of going back to the default mode.
Fixed an issue where the format of Panorama and Burst shots could be inconsistent between the application and Anafi

FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.5, ANAFI THERMAL V1.5.4, SKYCONTROLLER V1.5.0

Conduct real-time analysis, with a wide array of tools: edit color palette, freeze the view, outline hot or cold spots
Control your view and adjust the blending between thermal and visible views
Analyze your videos in details, post-treatment, directly from your FreeFlight 6.5-equipped device
This update requires Android 7 or iOS 8 and above.

FREEFLIGHT 6 V6.5, ANAFI V1.5.4, SKYCONTROLLER V1.5.0
New features

Custom panorama editor (from 360° captures)
Two new photo modes: Timelapse & GPS Lapse
Swipeable Gallery
Video preview directly from the µSD card
FreeFlight 6 now supports iPad®
Freeflight is now able to select the best wifi channel in 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz
This update requires Android 7 or iOS 8 and above.. If your phone is below the requirement you will not be able to update to Freefligh 6.5

If you update to Freeflight 6.5, please do not use a different device below Android 7 or iOS 8, this could result in elements being misplaced in the HUD and other miscommunication between the drone and the application.

Reactions: AnafiPilot
...Once Anafi is restarted, it will now boot to the photo mode last used instead of going back to the default mode....
I still seem to be having problems with this. It often defaults to 4K at 30 fps and I don't notice it.

I will have to start noting the resolution much more often to verify this. Perhaps it only applies to photos and not to video mode. I do realize that any Cineshots do this and thus I don't use that mode.

Yes, I've still got the same issue. If I switch batteries, or just start up the drone, all my imaging settings are reset to default. I thought it's just my phone not saving the stuff properly, but this tells me otherwise.

Reactions: Zigzag84
This isn't a new new new update, is it? Isn't this several days old now? I think there was an update to 6.5 followed mere hours later by 6.5.1
I think I went straight to 6.5.1 before anybody had even reported on the existence of let alone the imperfections in Free Flight 6.5!

This isn't a new new new update, is it? Isn't this several days old now? I think there was an update to 6.5 followed mere hours later by 6.5.1
I think I went straight to 6.5.1 before anybody had even reported on the existence of let alone the imperfections in Free Flight 6.5!

No this is not a new update. If you read the headers it gives you the version numbers. Problem with Parrot is they have no idea on how to keep there many different language sites up to date. The release notes have just come out on the US page in the last day or so. It really is to bad they do not update before hand and many might not have updated the firmware as their device is not supported any more.

Reactions: MustangPhil
My settings are not saving consistently when switching between photo and video. Photo goes to JPEG wide and video to 4k often and it’s random. I believe I’m 100% up to date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My settings are not saving consistently when switching between photo and video. Photo goes to JPEG wide and video to 4k often and it’s random. I believe I’m 100% up to date.

Me too and in addition the wifi icon is constantly at the bottom even when the real signal is weak ....

I use iphone and ipad

Is there still no sign of an updated user guide?

I finally got a response from Parrot about a updated manual. I guess they are working on the Thermo manual and perhaps combining the two 2131

Hi, we are definitely working on a user manual for Anafi Thermal, in the meantime, if you have any questions please contact us at https://www.parrot.com/support/hotline .

This is indeed very annoying as I have no use for JPEG WIDE and prefer to film in 1080/60. I thought I was missing something obvious but apparently it's a Parrot fail !

When I first used the 6.5.1 update, it did not seem to remember my video setting. Recently, however, it does. I will have to switch to photo and back to video to see if the above is still valid. I rarely use photo, so that may be the reason it seems to remember the video setting. I'll report back later.

Hello, I saw today that an anafi v1.5.6 and a skycontroler 1.5.1 are available. Is it advisable to apply them when everything seems ok with the anafi ?

Hello,
I found this on my LG5. What's strange is that I bought the Anafi on the 15/06, updated it, and now I have to update it again..

Attachments

• Screenshot_FreeFlight_6_20190620-013256.png
    Screenshot_FreeFlight_6_20190620-013256.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_FreeFlight_6_20190620-013324.png
    Screenshot_FreeFlight_6_20190620-013324.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
If you purchased on the 15th, you probably did the May update and then the next one showed up the 19th. That’s typical with lots of products. Our question here is what was included in the update since the app did not need one so most of us conclude it’s a fix. IOS loves to call them fixes and you can update your phone and next day there’s an update - usually under the vague “security issues” header which means often “whoops - we missed something with that new OS”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Here is a question I get asked all the time. Is it worth upgrading if it is not broke and works just fine the way it is? I say if you want to wait for a while thats fine. Watch the forums and facebook for any problems that might be coming up from the new update. If you see no issues then update. Most companies will not honor the warranty if you are not up to date. The Autel robotics warranty states that in the fine print.

Updated today and flew several flights. So far, no problems....but I also haven't seen any real differences....time will tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame