Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

People are experimenting with different batteries on the Facebook Groups

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Bud UavParrot Anafi Owners Group
16 mins ·
Disclaimer:
This is an experiment, I DON'T ADVISE FOR THE RIGHT TO DO IT, OR IF PEOPLE WANT TO TEST, AT THEIR RISK AND PERIL. You have to know what you are doing.
This is a 18650 li-ion battery case for Anafi
The goal :
1 / Separate battery elements who can be unclipped and charge them independently.
2 / Use only 1 battery case
3 / Price of the elements at 8-10 Euros, in a complete battery at 20 Euros.
4 / Better management of batteries.
I am looking for someone who has an .iso image with Olympus and sphinx. A little complicate to install, for have the battery voltage telemetry in real time or by log, in view of seeing the discharges of the batteries during flight.
For those who want to try, I leave the .STL on thingiverse of the first proto Anafi 18650 holder by Bud85, knowing that finally, I have just 14gr more than an original battery, its then expense of the 18650 used.
Small video of the test today, requires additional tests
GChHije.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I don’t have, and I don’t want to have any FB account.
It seems that the guy who posted this video is french, and, when looking for informations about his alias, he probably lives few kms from me...
Nice to see that other people are looking for solutions to have cheap and reliable batteries

Leave him a note on his Youtube channel. He just might answer and you guys could get together if the current restrictions allow

He explained that the goal is to use an external charger, without using the usb-c plug.
By the way, when the batteries are fully load, the power level on FF6 is 83%, not 100%.

The li-ion 18650 battery used in first message seems to be under powered

It’s not recommanded to go higher than 5C, because of temperature. And it’ll cut off above 80°C.

for now, I think the best choice for myself, even if it’s bigger than the Anafy battery case, is this one :
Also because I don’t have any battery charger, except to use the Usb-C port of Anafi..

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
That’s right. And the size is interresting because the width is good. But... I don’t know the risk to charge standard lipo with 4.35v..

That’s right. And the size is interresting because the width is good. But... I don’t know the risk to charge standard lipo with 4.35v..
They would need to be charged with an external LiPo charger. Charging LiPo batteries to 4.35v/cell would end in tears as the battery might burst into flames, swell and damage the battery board or at least damage the internal chemistry. Don't do it!

It is very cheap to get a balance charger and it needs to be charged with non-Anafi USB. The connector must be left and connected to the Anafi card, then disconnected after use and connected to an external charger. It may be enough to leave a single disassembled anafi smart circuit and connector connected to the Anafi in place and just replace the cells. The% pointer will not show correctly but can be used based on voltage (thanks to Anafipilot1).
It's all just theory, I haven't tried!

It seems easier to use some Lipo HV and the anafi usb-c....
But... Is there an electronic solution to adjust the charging voltage at 4,20v instead of 4,35v ? ...

Since I have been in the RC & UAV community for years I have plenty of RC chargers. Anybody doing these battery mods better have a very good understanding of what is involved playing around with Lipo batteries. Educate yourselves before attempting any battery mod. This cannot be stressed enough.

Anyone know the physical dimensions of the cells inside the Anafi battery? I wondered about splitting up one of these batteries to replace the cells in worn out Anafi batteries:

Anyone know the physical dimensions of the cells inside the Anafi battery? I wondered about splitting up one of these batteries to replace the cells in worn out Anafi batteries:
It's too big. The anafi battery is approx. 30mm wide. And this is 62mm
This is because these are 5200mWh cells and the Anafi has 2750mAh battery cells. What could be more good is the 3000mAh

It's too big. The anafi battery is approx. 30mm wide. And this is 62mm
This is because these are 5200mWh cells and the Anafi has 2750mAh battery cells. What could be more good is the 3000mAh
Yes, but I was thinking of dividing the cells in half. Not sure which way the cells are stacked.

Yes, but I was thinking of dividing the cells in half. Not sure which way the cells are stacked.
The cells are on top of each other because they are flat brick-shaped. Always. What you linked to is very big. Its size is already due to its capacity. Such an Anafi-sized cell is only available with such a small capacity (around 2500-2800).Akku.jpg

Reactions: edwardfcy1970

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davecat44