Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Phone and Controller Support - 3D Print (Now with Lanyard hole)

Liger 1956

Reaction score
Due to popular demand on another thread (a couple of people asked me!) I have decided to release my design of a combined phone holder and support foot for the Anafi Sky Controller 3.
The piece is 3D printed and it fits over the arm, provides a safe support for a phone It also acts as a protector for the USB-A socket by stopping the lead from the controller to the phone from resting on the ground when the controller is put down. The support is fitted to the controller by slightly extending the arm, placing the support over the thinner section of the arm and then sliding it down to the bottom.
I have 3D printed the piece in ABS with a layer height of 0.2mm and then, after removing any “Elephant’s Foot” from where it was on the print bed and checking that it fitted the controller arm I placed it in a cold acetone vapour bath at room temperature of about 20 deg C for one hour to give it a glossy surface. I then glued, with CA, a small piece of rubber self amalgamating tape to the phone support to give it a good grip.
In the photos my phone is off centre due to the Moto G5 having its power button half way down one side.
This .stl file is available HERE (A version with a slightly longer platform is available HERE )and is offered to the ParrotPilots community on a “not for profit” basis accepting that not all of the community have access to a 3D printer and that users can offer to supply these items in their country for the cost of printing and postage. It is also supplied “as is” and I accept no responsibility for any problems such as damaged phones, cases or pride.

IMG_20190913_164515233[1].jpg20190913_192254[1].jpg20190913_192418[1].jpg

Last edited:
Test print PLA. Thanks Liger 1956.
Can do black PLA or ABS, (no acetone vapour bath). Out of town for the next week for those that might want one in the USA. PM interest.

Attachments

• 20190914_075944_002.jpg
    20190914_075944_002.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
  • 20190914_080028.jpg
    20190914_080028.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 42
Test print PLA. Thanks Liger 1956.
No Problem. I am glad that it worked OK for you.

My acetone vapour bath is a polypropylene (PP) plastic sandwich box with paper towels on the inside. I place the print on some aluminium foil, pour some acetone over the paper towels, close it up and then leave it at room temperature for about an hour. I then open up the box and let the print "harden" overnight in an outdoor building as it will be a bit soft straight away.

IMG_20190914_173712242[1].jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratmir
No Problem. I am glad that it worked OK for you.

My acetone vapour bath is a polypropylene (PP) plastic sandwich box with paper towels on the inside. I place the print on some aluminium foil, pour some acetone over the paper towels, close it up and then leave it at room temperature for about an hour. I then open up the box and let the print "harden" overnight in an outdoor building as it will be a bit soft straight away.

View attachment 2745
Great way to do the ABS. Thanks for the pictures and explanation.

For those interested in the USA, I have two printed in PLA, (one with slight "Elephant’s Foot" & one without) FREE to the first two that PM name and address. One condition, if you don't know what the Caps key is for don't bother!

Thanks again Liger 1956

One spoken for, Elephant Foot remaining (still good quality).

I have added a lanyard hole but I have not printed it myself. The hole is 8mm diameter in 5mm thk material. There is 4mm of material around the hole. If this does not work for you let me know and I can easily alter it. It can be downloaded HERE. The original cersion is still available from the linl in post #1.
Phone Support with foot and lanyard.png

Last edited:
Here's a remix.
When using the Parrot Tablet Mount, a powerbank can be added.
May apply to those who fly plenty batteries in a day.
Powerbank and Controller Support.jpg
Powerbank and Controller Support 2.jpg

I am glad that it works for you. I printed mine in ABS. I have a reel of PETG but it sticks to my Kapton taped mirror tile bed so well that the prints get damaged trying to remove them. ABS just pops off by itself when the bed cools down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame