Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Photo Distortion. DNG+JPEG Rectangular? Should I just shoot wide?

ROBANAFI

Reaction score
i've noticed when shooting Rectangular for less distortion everything looks great through the FPV and the jpegs are distortion free. BUT the DNG's are not even after using Lightrooms only Anafi lens correction profile.

jpg

DNG

Any recommendations for distortion free shots? Ideally i want to take photos in DNG.

Do you confirm the 2nd image marked ‘DNG’ was processed in Lightroom with the Anafi filters ? (I get perfectly ‘horizontal’ images after processing the raw DNG images with Lightroom with the lens correction filter ‘Anafi’)

Can you post a link of the above DNG so we can try ?

Reactions: ROBANAFI
Do you confirm the 2nd image marked ‘DNG’ was processed in Lightroom with the Anafi filters ? (I get perfectly ‘horizontal’ images after processing the raw DNG images with Lightroom with the lens correction filter ‘Anafi’)

Can you post a link of the above DNG so we can try ?

heres a quick snip :)

I'll upload the DNG now :) And thanks!

Glad you could solve your problem. You will check in Lightroom, there is an option to automatically apply the filter when a specific lens is detected (that could explain why the thumbnails look ‘straight’).
The amount of distortion that is applied in Lightroom filters is quite conservative to :
1) avoid unnecessary correction
2) preserve a maximum of pixels in the final scene, as the final result, after lens correction is applied, is no longer a rectangle scene, but a ‘waved Barreled’ image that is cut afterwards with a rectangular mask... losing some portions of the image.

I see you took multiple shots of the same image to make an HDR final image. Great !
That’s why I asked Parot (and lots of others have) to include a ‘DNG only’ option ... but they are still not sensitive to our plea... they say it does not take much longer to have both jpeg and DNG and ‘go buy a cheap larger SD card’ ...
So if they read this forum, let’s all insist to have this easy to implement option (we have been good boys haven’t we ?)

Last edited:
Reactions: ROBANAFI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow