Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

possible jello

simo71

Reaction score
Hi guys ,

I was flying yesterday and noticed on my video some jello :

The drone is brand new (2 flights) no propeller damage .

Can u notice it ?

any thoughts ?

Yes there is jello problem. Please slow down during your flight, use video mode. Possibly you need to calibrate all propellers.

Yes this causes jello, sorry I said calibrate I mean balance the propellers. Unfortunately, the design of the legs (they are hollow and very flexible) transfers all the vibrations to the main body, wher the camera is attached. You can find many videos in YouTube regarding how to balance the propellers.

I dont think the props of anafi can be balanced as they are 2 separate blades.

therein lies the problem... they are 2 separate blades without a central hub, so how can the user balance the props???

I feel the problem comes from the motor arms and not the props . too flexible

In my opinion flexible arms will damp out, to some extent, any vibrations from the motors whilst rigid arms would transmit that vibration to the body. Hence why the camera gimbal is mouted on rubber dampers and not firmly fixed to the frame. As @lpff said moving too fast, especially in yaw, can provoke a jello effect in videos which is why the Anafi has different flight modes for different occasions. Also if you are shooting in 4K then the computer and software that you use for playing the videos can induce some artifacts that look like jello. Try shooting in 1080p and see whether you get the same effect.

If you search there has been previous threads about weighing the propeller leafs individually and matching up equal weight pairs.

My apologies. I was talking about Bebop 2 not Anafi. I did not realised that it was about Anafi. In any case this is a problem caused by motor vibrations but I can't help further. For sure, I would prefer to send the drone back for replacement, as it is brand new as you say. And I will exclude Anafi from my upgrade list ...

I think you may need to watch in full resolution, I can see it when viewed on my 4k monitor.

Does look like jello, like the gimbal is vibrating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame