Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post any problems with Parrot Anafi FPV immersive here

i have the fpv from the bebop 2 wonder if i can use that head set with the anafi as you just have to put your phone in it

Interesting that they have switched to the Anafi Thermal style legs & motors - I wonder if the main Anafi is also scheduled to change over.

Them legs are one pieces so cannot be dismantled to replace the motor - but they seems to be lighter!!

i have the fpv from the bebop 2 wonder if i can use that head set with the anafi as you just have to put your phone in it
As it’s using your phone I’d think any phone based VR headset will work. I have the V1 headset from my Disco and a couple of the cheap generic headsets though I find the optical quality of the Disco headset better, less distortion and chromatic fringing.

Regards

Nidge.

So it would be more wate for an app update unless this anafi fpv has it's own stand alone app

Well we should find out soon, once the FF6 is released - we will see if the standard Anafi can use the FPV 'features' of the software, or if they are going to lock it to only the FPV Anafi.

FF6 6.6.0 is available for iOS with the FPV features, it was uploaded about 15hrs ago to the Apple Store. I don’t have an iPhone so can’t check it out.

Regards

Nidge

Reactions: vekthor
ahhh that would explain why this was posted on the FB pages...

Attachments

• 69537267_10159034699084152_2216777696870924288_n.jpg
    69537267_10159034699084152_2216777696870924288_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 70
and apparently there are firmware updates for the Anafi done and controller...

No new FF6 on the Google Play store yet :(
It looks like it should be possible to use the new features on a standard Anafi and a cheap "Google Cardboard" like phone holder. However you would not get the display changeover button (until someone diy's one).

I also hope that they have also beefed up the fixing of the USB-A connector on the controller as the extra long lead to the "goggles" looks very easy to catch!

I was thinking that it could be useful in bright sunlight when the screen is hard to see not necessarily for BVLOS. I don't know about Canada but in the UK you would also need a spotter to stay legal if using FPV goggles so I might pass as well and SPEND money on something else.

Reactions: AnafiPilot
Ya spotters would be the only way to make it legal. Not about to start dragging my family around every time I want to fly LOL
That would be a good way to piss off the wife for sure.

FreeFlight 6.6.0, Anafi 1.6.0, Skycontroller 1.6.1

New features

• Immersive flight with FPV piloting mode (requires Parrot Cockpitglasses 3).
  • In-depth image controls in FPV.
  • SeeThrough mode in FPV to watch your surroundings.
  • New Arcade control: the drone flies in the direction pointed by the camera.
  • Two new presets: Cinematic and Racing, featuring the Dynamic Horizon feature.
  • Tutorial interface on FreeFlight 6 homepage.
  • Minimalist interface for even more immersion (FPV and classical HUDs).
  • Manual white balance.
  • The global EV value can be modified with Parrot Skycontroller 3 trigger.
  • ANAFI Thermal: new alignment tool for thermal and visible views.
Fixes

• Improve FlightPlan behavior in some cases.
  • ANAFI Thermal : improve thermal colorization on recorded media.

wonder how the new firmware release will affect us that is already using the 1.6.1-rc2 ???

Reactions: MEBO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian