Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Post Any Problems You Might be Having With Firmware Updates

I had experienced the problem with POI camera perspective, but had not yet suffered from the shaking when focused on a near POI. This afternoon I did a pull re-calibration and ran a flight plan with near POI's. Sure enough, the camera instability showed up. I plugged in to recharge and check for additional comments and found that Parrot had just posted news of the FreeFlight 6.2.1 update. The claim is that this was all control software and not firmware at all. I'll be interested to hear from others if this has solved all the issues.

I had experienced the problem with POI camera perspective, but had not yet suffered from the shaking when focused on a near POI. This afternoon I did a pull re-calibration and ran a flight plan with near POI's. Sure enough, the camera instability showed up. I plugged in to recharge and check for additional comments and found that Parrot had just posted news of the FreeFlight 6.2.1 update. The claim is that this was all control software and not firmware at all. I'll be interested to hear from others if this has solved all the issues.

No I have tested it for the shaking video and it is still there. There is still no updated information what was changed in 6.2.1. We may never know. I suggest emailing support about this problem so they can get it fixed.
They might just hold off till the expected release at the end of Nov when they plan on releasing the Pano options. So far Parrot has not given me any information other then a blank email back from support :(

I just got a email back from support after their first screwed up one. Seems they are working on the problem of shaky video in flightplan POI.

Hello ,

This seems to be a common issue we have alerted our developers about , once an update for the application and drone are available I will go ahead and email you and let you know. We unfortunately do not have an estimated time on when the issue will be fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience

Best Regards,
Olympia L.
Parrot Customer Support

I didn't get the weather for a retest of the same flight plan. In checking the test flight footage I found something odd. The test flights were over a park lawn with distance from controller held to no further than one hundred feet, and altitudes ranging from thirty to one hundred thirty feet. There were multiple altitude, course and POI changes. In each case the video started on take off and was terminated manually upon landing. The duration of the first flight was 2:31 and the second lasted 2.25. There was no measurable wind for either flight. There was no controller input outside of the open FlightPlan. I made the course changes larger than 180 degrees. In each of those cases, the drone rotated faster than the gimbal could adjust. The instances of the highest agitation in the image occurred at points where the camera had been asked to tilt downward to a POI. But if the unit was deployed over a course without any assigned POI's, the camera track was entirely stable. I have no idea what might account for the different flight durations. The take off and landing points were precisely the same.

Hard landings. From about a foot off the ground if you auto land it just drops the Anafi. Not real good tbh. When I envoke auto land from higher it seems ok..

Just bought my Anafi today. Very excited. Brought it home, waited patiently while battery and controller charged. Downloaded FreeFlight, powered everything up, updated firmware, calibrated, then got the dreaded message in red: “Vertical camera failure. Please contact Parrot customer support.” Did a hard reset on the drone, rebooted phone, no change. iPhone 8 Plus. Very bummed. I just bought this stupid thing and I can’t even fly it! Not only that, but Best Buy will withhold 15% of the purchase price if I return it for ANY reason - all I can do is exchange it for another one. After reading this forum, I’m getting the sense that even if I did exchange it I would still have the same problem on the new unit.

Don’t mind me - I’m just venting. Come on Parrot, get this fixed so I can fly this thing!

Take heart fellow Anafi owners! I have just recently come to the realization that we are in our frustrations providing a very profound aspect of the obviously ongoing Anafi development effort.

We are, though certainly not acknowledged as such by Parrot, the de-facto "Beta-Testing Team".

We should all look at this opportunity as a privilege, rather than a detriment! We can take great pride in the knowledge that these persistent frustrations are contributing profoundly to the development and refinement of an eventually superb product for Anafi purchasers in the future...

Reactions: Iffy and Landbo
Just bought my Anafi today. Very excited. Brought it home, waited patiently while battery and controller charged. Downloaded FreeFlight, powered everything up, updated firmware, calibrated, then got the dreaded message in red: “Vertical camera failure. Please contact Parrot customer support.” Did a hard reset on the drone, rebooted phone, no change. iPhone 8 Plus. Very bummed. I just bought this stupid thing and I can’t even fly it! Not only that, but Best Buy will withhold 15% of the purchase price if I return it for ANY reason - all I can do is exchange it for another one. After reading this forum, I’m getting the sense that even if I did exchange it I would still have the same problem on the new unit.

Don’t mind me - I’m just venting. Come on Parrot, get this fixed so I can fly this thing!

If the item you purchased is actually broken there is no way they can charge you anything for a replacement. I could be wrong but I also think in the US that might also be illegal to do so. That 15% I believe is if you just returned it and there was no issue with the item, like if it's just because you decided you don't want it anymore. Worst case you just might need to be a little vocal and actually talk to a manager.

Reactions: SkyPilot Steve
BB did say they would do an exchange for free if it was defective. They will only withhold the 15% if I want my money back for any reason.

I created a tech support case with Parrot last night but I haven’t heard back from a human yet. This is my first drone and I really want this thing to work!

BB did say they would do an exchange for free if it was defective. They will only withhold the 15% if I want my money back for any reason.

I created a tech support case with Parrot last night but I haven’t heard back from a human yet. This is my first drone and I really want this thing to work!

If I were you I'd just go ahead and just do the exchange at Best Buy. No reason to not have a perfect one right out of the box if it doesn't cost you anything to do so. Just my 2 cents.

Have had my Anafi for several months now with no problems other than losing picture feed (phone was not in flight mode and supplied cable was faulty)
Updated freeflight 6 app on the 20th november. Connected to controller and drone on 21st of november. Updated to newest version and upon completion of update, instantly got the Vertical Camera Error fault. Had flown drone on 17th november with no issues.
Have contacted parrot customer support through email and awaiting feedback.
Tried reset on drone by holding power button until lights go red with no results.

Parrot tech support got back to me today. They said to do a hard reset on the drone and make sure the drone firmware and FreeFlight were up to date, and if the problem persisted then the drone must have a hardware fault. I did all those things and still got the vertical camera failure, so I took it back to Best Buy and did an exchange. No problem there, they were happy to swap it for a new one.

Brought the new drone home, did the whole charge / connect / update cycle again and NO ERROR MESSAGE this time. YAHOO! Gonna try flying this this tomorrow.

Reactions: Naviator
I have yet to apply 6.2.1 update, and after reading all this should i just wait till the next one?

I was hoping Parrot would not make the same mistakes as DJI releasing new firmware and software to add fancy superfluous features. I went thru this with Spark. One firmware upgrade was even mandatory and the drone couldn’t be used unless updated

And of course, every time the firmware and software were made more complex, more bugs showed Up

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. I am not upgrading anything

Have still not heard from Parrot other than a response to my reciew on google play app store. Tried resetting the drone and controller again today, uninstalled and reinstalled freeflight 6 app, still no good, vertical camera failure message straight away. Took it into Jb hifi (australia) and after speaking with a couple guys there, got the drone and controller replaced.
Uninstalled latest version of freeflight 6, downloaded and installed the august version. Setup drone and controller, updated to latest firmware and off I went.
Will wait until the next app update is out and see how it goes then but am glad to be flying again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar