Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Powers on but does not go through boot sequence.

Watchdog101

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently received the error message "Vertical camera failure". After reading some of the forums, the general consensus was to take the drone apart (the drone was past its warranty) and check that the vertical camera cable is plugged in correctly. After doing this and putting it all back together, the drone powers on. I can hear the fan going full speed, and then nothing. The motors don't twitch like they used to. The gamble does not calibrate like it used to. I tried to hard reset but with no luck. Has anyone had this issue before, and know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Carl

dismantle it again and even more.
Check all the connectors

Will do. Is there any connector I should pay special attention to?

It just seems weird that another connector would be loose, as I didn't dismantle any of the other stuff. I simply took the motherboard out checked the vertical camera... and put it back in. I will give updates in the next few hours.

Last edited:
Will do. Is there any connector I should pay special attention to?

It just seems weird that another connector would be loose, as I didn't dismantle any of the other stuff. I simply took the motherboard out checked the vertical camera... and put it back in. I will give updates in the next few hours.
If you took the motherboard out, you disconnected several cables, amongst them the main ribbon for the camera and the battery ribbon?

I have also a issue with the gimbal/camera not initializing but shows green on the drone overview screen.
However I probably damaged the camera ribbon with a screwdriver while taking it apart (I nicked it while removing the plastic clip).
Soft and hard reset didn't help in my case so I will probably be getting a new ribbon cable and hope that solves it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar