Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Prevent issues with our Anafi controller

S.C.C.

Reaction score
For new owners, just a copy & paste from my post in this thread Anafi USB port/On-Off switch assembly pictures, as I'm convinced many breakdowns happen because of the USB socket on the Skycontroller3.

I bought a brand new Anafi not long ago, and the controller was already out of order. The USB socket to connect the controller to the smartphone/tablet is not well designed, it's too easy to break this part just by putting the controller down. A few photos to illustrate the advantage of a L shaped USB plug :

skycontroller_3_usb_issue.jpg

Straight USB plug, most weigth applies on the USB socket

skycontroller_3_usb_1.jpg

A 90° L shaped plug is clearly less problematic, less pressure on the plug itself (and so less on the electronic board inside, which is a common issue)

USB_L_90.jpg

You can find L shaped USB cables with even smaller heads than this one, a few bucks only on ebay...

For new owners, just a copy & paste from my post in this thread Anafi USB port/On-Off switch assembly pictures, as I'm convinced many breakdowns happen because of the USB socket on the Skycontroller3.

I bought a brand new Anafi not long ago, and the controller was already out of order. The USB socket to connect the controller to the smartphone/tablet is not well designed, it's too easy to break this part just by putting the controller down. A few photos to illustrate the advantage of a L shaped USB plug :

View attachment 3521

Straight USB plug, most weigth applies on the USB socket

View attachment 3522

A 90° L shaped plug is clearly less problematic, less pressure on the plug itself (and so less on the electronic board inside, which is a common issue)

View attachment 3523

You can find L shaped USB cables with even smaller heads than this one, a few bucks only on ebay...
Alternatively, if you have a 3D printer:

Reactions: dashSolo
ok. good idea. where can I get one. That is if I ever get an Anafi Thermal that works.

That's an elegant solution, although I would make it a few centimeters wider for softer or irregular ground.

That said you can find L shaped USB cable for $3, and it's quite compact, just be sure to chose the right one for your Android/Apple phone/tablet, and convenient length.

Awesome Gipsz - can u take it off or is it fixed? Latter may be a problem with transporting in the box...

Awesome Gipsz - can u take it off or is it fixed? Latter may be a problem with transporting in the box...
Originally sized to fit snugly in the holes on the bottom of the remote control and removable, I secured it with a double-sided adhesive. I don't want to take it off because my grand is practical and fits well in my bag (I bought an extended version with my bag).tamasztolab.jpg

Slightly different topic but anyway, does anyone know if one controller can work two or three Anafi drones. Obviously not all at the same time.

Slightly different topic but anyway, does anyone know if one controller can work two or three Anafi drones. Obviously not all at the same time.

Yes once paired the same controller will work with several drones (well I have it working with the two I own!).

Yes just saw it in the app all you need to do is select another drone....simples. Parrot app is so good as is the Anafi, the more I use it the more I appreciate just how good it is.
Loving the way the drone can follow the controller on rth also.

Reactions: BRC
Yes just saw it in the app all you need to do is select another drone....simples. Parrot app is so good as is the Anafi, the more I use it the more I appreciate just how good it is.
Loving the way the drone can follow the controller on rth also.
Nice to see positive comments on forum as there is a lot to like about Anafi
I also have several drones paired to controllers - so if I run low on controller battery just grab another
Easy to fly, handles well, and up in air quickly -
just do your best to take care of drone batteries and maybe define a percentage that you are comfortable when to end flight
Since I have several batteries I typically just fly half a battery - however if something special going on will bring home 20 - 25%
Hope you enjoy many days of flying!

Totally agree thanks.
I’ve come to Parrot from DJI mm and love how quickly I can get the thing flying. As you say keep an eye on battery levels and always make sure your home point is set before venturing off, I think 90% of problems are pilot error/fiddling.
Good luck flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood